I'm homeless and need help HAPPY UPDATE!!!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Sorry I haven't kept you all up to date, well 2 weeks in I'm still blown away when i think of all the help you guys gave me, I'm settled in now, the other people here are really nice and, well, I'M STILL ALIVE.
    seriously though, thank you everybody I couldn't have done it without you lot.

Adam
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one mate. Just don’t be doing it again
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    That’s fantastic to hear...Glad you’re back on your feet.... :)
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2893
    So glad its worked out ok.  

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Awesome news 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    We'll done fella, onwards and upwards 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10274

A fine result. All the best Adam. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 393
    Great stuff! 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Hand's up forgot to do my part! Just donated £20 all the best.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Once again guys thank you, I haven't been around much, mental health problems and having to adjust to life on my own is hard. 
    Since I've moved in I've managed to stop ciggies and today is the first day fully "smoke" free.
    As my head gets a bit more level I'll be back posting, this might end up turning into a into a long moany, venty thread though. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    Well done! I'd be more than happy to read how you go so please continue with the updates. There's enough around to be a big support group when you need it :) 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Good to hear, keep going mate. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    edited April 2019
    Well, you are continuing to make progress @speshul91 so give yourself a pat on the back.

As regards a 'long moany, venty thread' there's a bit of advice I was given years ago that has served me well through adult life:

"In every disadvantage look for the advantage".

There very often is one and it helps you stay positive when things outwardly don't look so good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    wow, it's been 3 months already, it's my birthday tomorrow, and a surprising amount of progress has been made.

the most important progress is with my mental health, i found a doctor that actually listens and wants to do more than just throw tablets at me, while he is sorting the medical side i have got an appointment on Thursday with a mental health organisation to see what support they can get me, this was a massive hurdle before, dealing with a doctor that wouldn't give me strong medication down to being a recovering alcoholic, that's another thing i had some amazing support with but anyway back to the point, it wasn't until i hit my teens that i realized something wasn't right but was scared to ask for help. i didn't get help until 2014, 5 years later i have never been assessed properly, i've always known it was more than just depression and anxiety, 3 years later starting a course of cbt, i was told i score VERY highly for post traumatic stress disorder from childhood experiences, so actually getting the proper help and more importantly support is a HUGE thing for me.

a few close friends have said i am looking better in myself, that is a massive boost to my self esteem, i've cut out all the negative people in my life, including a couple of family members. i might not have that many friends anymore but i know every single one of them has got my back and my best interests at heart, i've re-connected with a few old friends, i've even managed to go to a couple of parties with them, that is FUCKING HUGE for me,they are usually pretty chilled and i know most of the people there but also there's always at least 2 or 3 there i can go for a walk with if things do get too much.

now i'm feeling a bit more stable i am going to make sure i pick my guitar up and actually learn to play properly, i haven't been on here that much but i'm verrry slowly starting to use social media more, i'm noticing when i need to take a break from things now though. i can identify triggers slightly easier now life isn't as hectic, so hopefully before too long i'll be here bugging you lot all the time lol.

thank-you all again for what you all did for me.

adam
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds great man. Keep your chin up, and focus on yourself and goals in life, etc.

I did a round of CBT in December and January. It helped me. They scored me as having moderate to severe depression, brought on through the stress of huge life changes in a short period of time, more or less.

Despite what some of the XXXXXXXXXXXX around here think, I'm in a massively different place to where I was even 8 months ago. I'm actually very happy, which is quite rare for me, and I'm able to sustain it by using the tools I learned about during CBT - the cyclical feedback loop of depression+anxiety+low mood+low energy+no effort+back to depression+anxiety, etc.. etc...

I used to "need" social media on some level. I can live without it now. Real life has a lot more appeal to me these days, and I love the changes that have happened in my life.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Well today has been better than I expected, strangely I feel happy, I'm not used to it but I'm enjoying it. 

Feet up, music on with mates en route and a massive thanks for all the support guys, I'd be stuffed without you guys.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    speshul91 said:
    Well today has been better than I expected, strangely I feel happy, I'm not used to it but I'm enjoying it. 

Feet up, music on with mates en route and a massive thanks for all the support guys, I'd be stuffed without you guys.
    Just that post is worth every penny. So pleased things are on the way up for you Adam, sounds like you've made a few difficult decisions and surrounded yourself with good people, massive credit to you for that. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fuengi said:
    speshul91 said:

Just that post is worth every penny. So pleased things are on the way up for you Adam, sounds like you've made a few difficult decisions and surrounded yourself with good people, massive credit to you for that. 

That has been a big struggle, I've cut off a hell of a lot of people and realised I've got blood that isn't family and family that aren't blood as cliched as that sounds. 

I've read this thread a few times and the messages people sent me on PayPal when I've struggled, people here really are amazing, @Alnico has been awesome this time last year we were very good friends, hes more like my big brother now, but seriously, I'm back and ready for whatever life throws at me now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Happy birthday, Adam, so pleased things are working out for you.  :)

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Happy Birthday, Adam!