DPD - Appalling... Truly Truly Appalling

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
You all know this story....

Delivery due today (already 2 days late) at 16.30pm.

I'm actually in the bedroom window looking at the street (we live in a cul-de-sac) waiting for the driver.

Suddenly, an email pings up; failed delivery due to no one in. Then, a photo as proof of a different house !! Not even my street. No attempt even made...

Reschedule delivery ? Now Monday.... 

SO SO SO ANGRY.

This is the THIRD delivery they have fucked up; they lost the last parcel... (£500 from G4M)

Been on the phone for over an hour, and have yet to speak to any human being.

ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN COMPLAIN TO THESE IDIOTS ABOUT THIS ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10258
    edited March 2019
    They’ve done it to me on multiple occasions. Even saw them pull up to my drive then leave. 

I dont live far from the depot so I just collect from there now, and they still bloody don’t have it at times.

They’re shite. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    They’ve done it to me on multiple occasions. Even saw them pull up to my drive then leave. 

They’re shite. 
    Shite is the word.

I'm now on hold - our one hour. My temper is not good at the moment... 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    Call G4M and cancel, and get a refund - it *is* their fault because they chose to use DPD. The only effect you can have on couriers is to stop using them, and the only way that will happen is if the vendor knows that using a particular one is a deal breaker.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Call G4M and cancel, and get a refund - it *is* their fault because they chose to use DPD. The only effect you can have on couriers is to stop using them, and the only way that will happen is if the vendor knows that using a particular one is a deal breaker.
    This one is actually from LoopersParadise in Germany. They are great, to be fair to them, but I guess you are right there mate. 

The real front is when their CHief Exec comes on with a pre=recored message asking you to treat their staff right. I am fuckin livid right now...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1089
    edited March 2019
    I've had several DPD drivers deliver music equipment stuff and most of the time they've been alright, however a couple of times they've left packages in our recycling boxes without telling us, and the driver who does our rounds is a miserable twat. Never says much when I open the door (a "hello sir, a delivery for you, sign here please..." wouldn't go amiss) and yanks the electric device away before I've finished signing and walking off.

Its put me off buying from certain websites cos I know they use DPD so if I can I'd rather get it in person or through another site.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    I have a list of the local depot telephone numbers, as I live a bit out of the way, and sat nav’s don’t know where I live. I’m well used to failed deliveries, and much prefer picking things up from the depot.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308

I've had numerous items, including guitars delivered by DPD over the last two or three years, and they've always been excellent up to now. I always get a text or email letting me know when the driver will be at my address first thing in the morning and the driver is always there pretty much on time, every time. 

Maybe it's down to the individual driver because our local one, Humberto he's called, is absolutely fantastic. Always polite and always wishes me a good day.No complaints from me. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    I have a list of the local depot telephone numbers, as I live a bit out of the way, and sat nav’s don’t know where I live. I’m well used to failed deliveries, and much prefer picking things up from the depot.
    Sadly, you can't pick up without a card... and the driver never carded the address, cos he never came here...
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4148
    I've been lucky with DPD. I think that's because I live in a rural village and the service just seems to be better compared to living in a city.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    I have been fortunate with delivery drivers here as well, hearing stories like this makes me appreciate them more
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    This has happened to me before. I would rather they just failed to show rather than say you weren’t in, that’s the bit that boils my piss, particularly when you’ve waited in all day. The implication is that it’s your fault, not theirs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    Sadly, you can't pick up without a card... and the driver never carded the address, cos he never came here...
    Cannot remember which couriers, but I have collected from the depots in the past, when this has happened. I taken the relevant personal ID that the depot have asked for when I’ve telephoned them first to explain that the delivery personage has been to the wrong address.
    mort said:
    This has happened to me before. I would rather they just failed to show rather than say you weren’t in, that’s the bit that boils my piss, particularly when you’ve waited in all day. The implication is that it’s your fault, not theirs.
    Exactly. Spot on.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Had exactly the same nightmare with DPD .........woeful
    edited March 2019

Cannot remember which couriers, but I have collected from the depots in the past, when this has happened. I taken the relevant personal ID that the depot have asked for when I’ve telephoned them first to explain that the delivery personage has been to the wrong address.
    Oh dear, dear, dear... I get it. I really do BUT...

He hasn't been to the wrong address; these are professionals and they do this for a living. HE NEVER EVEN ATTEMPTED DELIVERY.

Also, I spent 1 hr 45 mins and never got through to the depot; it's designed that way. Its' not just the driver; the whole system is there to avoid contact and frustrate. 

In fact, I never got to speak to a human.

But I will. This time Im not gonna let it drop... Oh no...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited March 2019
    Like pretty much all large companies, I’m pretty sure it’s down to the individual drivers and I know ours like our regular postman. He’s very friendly and diligent and makes an effort to do his job well. I’m sure some other drivers are just rubbish and all DPD can do is hire someone else and hope they aren’t a total cock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    KrisGee said:

The best solution yet... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    @Wazmeister when buying rocket launcher online make sure you don't choose dpd for delivery...
    20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Is it DPD or DPD Local? Which depot is your local one? I’m a business account holder, might be able to help you out. If you’re not sure, message me your tracking number and your postcode and I’ll look into it if you like?
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom