DPD - Appalling... Truly Truly Appalling

What's Hot

Comments

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    jeztone2 said:
    Someone at the DPD depot in Southall tried to steal my PRS when it was delivered. Then a Camera lens went AWOL. Fortunately the guy I’ve got now is ace. But I think the is the whole pay peanuts, get monkeys scenario. 
    We don't get paid peanuts  it's actually a reasonable wage (I'm an employed driver rather than "owner driver"), and if I'm honest  the wage is the only reason I'm still there. 

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670

I've had numerous items, including guitars delivered by DPD over the last two or three years, and they've always been excellent up to now. I always get a text or email letting me know when the driver will be at my address first thing in the morning and the driver is always there pretty much on time, every time. 

Maybe it's down to the individual driver because our local one, Humberto he's called, is absolutely fantastic. Always polite and always wishes me a good day.No complaints from me. 

I believe I live not a million miles away from you @breakstuff ; and I've also always had great service from DPD - you can track the driver on a map, no delays, the drivers are always polite - even cheerful and friendly, parcel always seems well looked after. So I think a lot the issues are caused when a driver with a bad attitude gets employed - which it seems does happen, unfortunately, and I do sympathize with the OP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive always had great dpd service too....
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    We don't get paid peanuts  it's actually a reasonable wage (I'm an employed driver rather than "owner driver"), and if I'm honest  the wage is the only reason I'm still there. 

Hats off to you and all those colleagues who're out there doing a good job in not always ideal conditions! Guys like the driver in my story who clearly was NOT doing a good job, unfortunately ruin the reputation of all those making an effort.

The guy invented a neighbor with a fictitious dropoff adress and I assume he would just have kept my parcel if his dispatcher/boss from DPD hadn't called while he was still out in his truck. So, he's either a scammer or a total idiot. Is there any kind of liability for the driver involved if a parcel goes missing?
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    We've generally had great service from DPD but when I ordered a DXR10 from Gear4Music last year, I had exactly the same issue. Waited in for the delivery and was tracking it online then got an unable to deliver message with a photo of someone else's house!

Had to re-arrange delivery to local shop for the following day. Twats!!
  • @Monkeybone when things with my deliveries have gone wrong, it seems to take a lot of chasing and pushing to get things back on track - what's a view from the inside on why this happens?

Is it because one particular driver is being a dick, or is it just bad luck and a multitude of possible reasons?

Ta!
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • I always get my DPD deliveries rerouted to my local Sainsbury's 

They are worse than useless at delivering to home and the depot is miles away. 

These are the people that leave parcels in the green wheely bin on bin day. I've no idea how they make any money, they must be shelling out thousand every week on claims 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    Sod DPD. What's the new ped, @Wazmeister ?!
    @Monkeybone when things with my deliveries have gone wrong, it seems to take a lot of chasing and pushing to get things back on track - what's a view from the inside on why this happens?

Is it because one particular driver is being a dick, or is it just bad luck and a multitude of possible reasons?

Ta!
    It could be the driver, it could be an issue with the scanner/sat nav (all in one job, based on Android phones), it could also be the driver has run out of time towards the end of the day and has to abandon route if they have collections on board which have to be loaded on to a truck before it leaves.

Basically, it could be anything.

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10256
    I just read a job application for DPD and it said, ‘we expect to be invoiced for £50k worth of deliveries.’

So that means they’re on £50k a year as a self employed DPD driver?

https://www.totaljobs.com/job/self-employed-owner-driver/dpd-local-job74524787
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    DPD have always been good for me but the delivery guy is a right miserable git.
    I just read a job application for DPD and it said, ‘we expect to be invoiced for £50k worth of deliveries.’

So that means they’re on £50k a year as a self employed DPD driver?

https://www.totaljobs.com/job/self-employed-owner-driver/dpd-local-job74524787
    Not a chance. The "self employed" drivers I work with take home about £30k, also taking in to account van rental, van insurance etc. Employed take home about £20k.

• I'll change this to include other couriers.

My local parcelforce guy is an absolute Saint and is happy to phone me and I've met him around the city when I'm busy. 

Loads of decent guys going above and beyond. 

On the other side of that, I paid for an AM parcelforce delivery for someone last year. 
    We both waited for 12 and just as it got to 12 the online status changed to not in.
    The guy was sat by the front door and online we could actually see the van was at the other side of the the village. 
    Said rebook. 
    He phoned up, blew his top. 
    The driver arrived 30 mins late saying, what do the depot expect me to do, fly?
    Happy for the parcel to arrive but the answer would be prioritise the am deliveries maybe and not fake that the recipient is out when you can see where the driver is on a map. 

All good fun. 

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Both places I've lived, the DPD service has been excellent, by far the best of any of the delivery services I've used in the course of my business, both for sending and receiving.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Just for a bit of balance, DPD is the courier of choice for me, one hour slot and (at least where I am), so far they haven't missed a beat.

This situation though is ridiculous, hope it gets sorted soon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    Isn't the missed delivery slot about pushing you to pay extra for a weekend delivery (thus paying them extra for poorer service)?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    And despite the ‘Make It Right’ Team, Senior Executive and Chief Executive being involved... the parcel is still arriving Monday.

Same as it ever was...

Completely impotent company with poor culture...
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    And despite the ‘Make It Right’ Team, Senior Executive and Chief Executive being involved... the parcel is still arriving Monday.

Same as it ever was...

This is the most important bit. Customer service is not about getting things right 100% of the time. Its about how you react when a problem arises. Seems in this case its been pretty poor.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I seem to be pretty lucky with couriers where I live... long may that continue.

Years ago when I worked in London one of our big suppliers used a delivery company called Nightfreight and they were truly shocking. One of the many incidents I can remember: I was waiting for an urgent delivery direct to my customer one day and phoned the suppliers to chase Nightfreight up. Answer came back that they were unable to deliver because the customer's road was closed due to a serious accident.
    I phoned the police, who said 'Yes, the road was closed because of a collision... for an hour... last Thursday'
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Same as it ever was...

Redelivery is always Monday to Friday.