DPD - Appalling... Truly Truly Appalling

What's Hot

Comments

• riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    I bought a PRS Bernie Marsden from Gear4Music just after Xmas, it turned up via DPD and looked ok from the packaging but once opened, the bottom had a massive crack in it, few inches long. Had obviously been dropped/thrown about at some stage as they wouldn’t have packed it without spotting it. G4M refunded and collected without question.  Bought replacement from Rich Tone who sensibly double boxed it and all was fine.luck of the draw I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Also - push the “photo of another house” thing. They check the GPRS of the drivers, so they will check. 
    In no way condoning this (fuckers cost me lots of money), but the reason the drivers bullshit is because if they default deliveries, they get sacked. Despite their not-100% level of quality, they are *ruthless* fuckers to work for in the courier biz.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Spotted a DPD driver a couple of doors down from me today as I drove passed.
    He was sliding his side door closed, then jumped in the front and decided to do a U turn. 
    He forgot the back door was open and it swung open as he drove off. 
    Just hope there wasn't anything important in there... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Spotted a DPD driver a couple of doors down from me today as I drove passed.
    He was sliding his side door closed, then jumped in the front and decided to do a U turn. 
    believe it or not, this is why UPS drivers are told (at UPS Driver School, presumably) not do u turns unless they absolutely have to. This is why you often see the same UPS truck driving up and down the road at different points in the day, their sat navs will set their route to avoid turns in the road. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just to balance the discussion, no complaints from me, we are lucky in this town as we have a good driver called Rich,  if were not in he will leave them in a shop in the village, he does this for others and the shop is happy to help. He’s delivered a few nice bits of gear and it’s always been fine. The app is good too. 
  • Mixed experiences with DPD here.

They’ve smashed up two amps being delivered to me, but seem to be ok with smaller parcels.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I had two tiffany style ceiling lights delivered by them last week.

Despite the boxes clearly saying '^This Way Up^' 
    They were left on the drive on their ends.
    All but one glass end panel survived.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11461
    I think it does depend on your local driver.  DPD have been one of the better couriers for deliveries here.

Before City link went under, there was one online retailer I stopped buying from as they used to use them.
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    I've been lucky with DPD. I think that's because I live in a rural village and the service just seems to be better compared to living in a city.
    Same

Rural location and dpd are my preferred courier here. The drivers are great, they're always on time and I like I get a 1 hour delivery window.
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    I live in Germany and had also ordered a rather expensive pedal from Looper's Paradise. Parcel is sent by DPD, I follow it on their online tracking site, delivery due for 13:30 in the afternoon. Luckily, I had the day off and was waiting, to be sure not to miss delivery, On their online tracking site you can follow the delivery trucks route and at around 13:00 I checked and saw the van was only about a mile away. Great! So I wait. And I wait. And wait some more until - nothing.

Check the tracking site and now it says: "No delivery possible, no one at home, parcel left with neighbor XYZ" I know most people in my immediate vicinity and there's nobody called XYZ her as far as I can tell. Check the phonebook, nope. Google: nope. The maillady comes around on her bike, if anybody knows anything about who lives where, it's her. But again, nope, never heard that particular name. I'm fuming at this point and check the DPD website for a phone number. Nothing. IT'S INTENTIONALLY SET UP SO YOU CAN'T GET HOLD OF ANYBODY. No email, no phone number, nothing.

I'm ready for violence at this point and decide to call Looper's Paradise. Very friendly guy, admits that they've had issues with DPD but him being a business account DOES in fact have a contact number, promises to call DPD. He then calls me back to tell me DPD is trying to get in touch with the driver to see what's up. At least that's something, I'm not quite as furious and helpless any longer. 

Check DPD website after an hour or so. It now says parcel has been delivered for collection at a local motorcycle dealer.

Shoot the fuckers on sight.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Chris_J said:
    I've been lucky with DPD. I think that's because I live in a rural village and the service just seems to be better compared to living in a city.
    Same

Rural location and dpd are my preferred courier here. The drivers are great, they're always on time and I like I get a 1 hour delivery window.
    This in spades. My local driver Illiev is awesome. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    Mickeyji said:
    I live in Germany and had also ordered a rather expensive pedal from Looper's Paradise. Parcel is sent by DPD, I follow it on their online tracking site, delivery due for 13:30 in the afternoon. Luckily, I had the day off and was waiting, to be sure not to miss delivery, On their online tracking site you can follow the delivery trucks route and at around 13:00 I checked and saw the van was only about a mile away. Great! So I wait. And I wait. And wait some more until - nothing.

Check the tracking site and now it says: "No delivery possible, no one at home, parcel left with neighbor XYZ" I know most people in my immediate vicinity and there's nobody called XYZ her as far as I can tell. Check the phonebook, nope. Google: nope. The maillady comes around on her bike, if anybody knows anything about who lives where, it's her. But again, nope, never heard that particular name. I'm fuming at this point and check the DPD website for a phone number. Nothing. IT'S INTENTIONALLY SET UP SO YOU CAN'T GET HOLD OF ANYBODY. No email, no phone number, nothing.

I'm ready for violence at this point and decide to call Looper's Paradise. Very friendly guy, admits that they've had issues with DPD but him being a business account DOES in fact have a contact number, promises to call DPD. He then calls me back to tell me DPD is trying to get in touch with the driver to see what's up. At least that's something, I'm not quite as furious and helpless any longer. 

Check DPD website after an hour or so. It now says parcel has been delivered for collection at a local motorcycle dealer.

Shoot the fuckers on sight.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574

JDE said:
    Is it DPD or DPD Local? Which depot is your local one? I’m a business account holder, might be able to help you out. If you’re not sure, message me your tracking number and your postcode and I’ll look into it if you like?
    Thanks mate - appreciate it.

To all who have kindly posted on this thread.

It's ok. Standard procedure this from DPD.

Yes, Ive got all the details, contact numbers, App, sign on my door, dedicated postal bin (lockable), one hour notification, little map with van on, yada yada yada etc etc 

DPD been in touch... "someone from Oldbury will call tomorrow"...

NO, THEY WON'T... THEY NEVER DO, THEY NEVER HAVE.

Doesn't change the outcome.

And with that, I'm out...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Luxury...........
    You've obviously never had the pleasure of UK Mail
    It's probably where they send DPD drivers who have been especially bad.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10256
    edited March 2019
    JDE said:
    Spotted a DPD driver a couple of doors down from me today as I drove passed.
    believe it or not, this is why UPS drivers are told (at UPS Driver School, presumably) not do u turns unless they absolutely have to. This is why you often see the same UPS truck driving up and down the road at different points in the day, their sat navs will set their route to avoid turns in the road. 
    Is it not to do with the right turn thing? Left turn in the US, right in the UK? They believe U turns and turns of a certain direction cost them millions in wasted fuel. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/02/16/world/ups-trucks-no-left-turns/index.html

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    Warren, don’t sweat it unless you need it for a gig or something.  It’ll come, eventually(!). Those guys are ridiculously underpaid and over-stretched.  It’s a funny world now where we expect everything to be delivered to our door bang on time.  The important thing is not to let your life be interrupted and ruined by a mess up.  I don’t want to sound patronising but I got wound up recently by a late guitar delivery but in the aftermath I saw that everyone was trying to do the right thing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    thebreeze said:
    It’s a funny world now where we expect everything to be delivered to our door bang on time.  
    Surely that's what the guy paid for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ionianionian Frets: 100
    Pablo, our local dpd guy, is excellent - he knows the neighbours to leave it with or the locations we prefer, he knows all of our houses (despite the fact that I live in a rural spot with no house numbers), and he smiles.

Hope you get it sorted. 
    KrisGee said:
    thebreeze said:
    It’s a funny world now where we expect everything to be delivered to our door bang on time.  
    Surely that's what the guy paid for?
    I get your point but the timing thing is a result of the courier allowing everything to be tracked, not necessarily the result of the skill of the driver. The person that delivers to you is probably paid 60p-£1 per drop and 80p-£1.50 per collection. Tops. Like the absolute maximum. More often they are agency and are paid a day rate, which is probably about £35-50 a day. If they work in London off-peak then that’s conceivably 120 drops a day. Fuck that noise, I’d chuck your guitar in a bin, too. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 867
    Chris_J said:
    Same

This is my experience too, again large village in Wiltshire. Always there exactly when they say and they follow any instructions via the delivery options.

Sorry to hear you've had such trouble!