Fractal AX8

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• It seems with the last firmware update it’s more like a fade in / fade out kind of deal between presets rather than a lag. So it sounds and feels like a smoother transition switching between presets and X/Y states on amps and effects.

However it still bothers me so to get round it I just stick to single amps. I have a volume block setup with a scene controller attached to the level. I can go from clean to full on gain just by varying the amount of signal the volume block lets through to the amp. It is in effect working just like backing off the guitar volume to vary the gain.

It works really well. I use the Mesa Mk II C++ amp for all my sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive had Kemper, Helix and AX8. In my opinion the AX8 is way out in front of them all for DI sound to FOH. I monitor with a Redsound active cab. Superb sound and feel...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • uberscottuberscott Frets: 130
    Hey Cos, 

Switching lag isn't an issue anymore as the others have pointed out - it's not completely gone but is negligible. I tend to stick to a preset per song and switch scenes within that preset. 

I'd thoroughly recommend checking out Austin Buddy's preset packs, they gave me a great start in giving really well set up presets for each amp and a well-matched cabinet, and usually a drive pedal or two. He's also got a great video on setting up the AX8. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Thanks Scott and that's good to know and I'll check them out. I've liked the Fremen and Rooco's preset packs and lots to consider and my Divided needs to sell :)
  • DannicDannic Frets: 40
    Hi people, new member here. I have Vinny’s Ax8 presets that he uses for Dare tours. I think he’s stayed on fw6.03 or similar so these should be what he’s still using now.

I personally have an axeXL so converted them with fractool. Thought I’d mention it if anyone is interested?
  • DannicDannic Frets: 40
    Just thought I’d better mention that the above presets were shared by Vinny himself on the fractal forum for all to use.