Eastman SB59 issues, advice appreciated!

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7105
    Nice to see a positive outcome for the OP, and commendable trust to issue a refund before the guitar was back at the shop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    lonestar said:
    Christ... I need a lie down after reading this. 
    There’s a collective modmin lie down happening right now...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    lonestar said:

TMI!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RebarRebar Frets: 138
    I'm glad to hear that the OP has finally received a refund. It's also nice to see that by coming to this forum the OP could benefit from our collective experience and advice. Fair play to @digitalscream for his involvement in running a tight ship, dealing with emails, etc and to Richard too in offering the refund at the end of the day.
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1028
    A happy ending for both parties, I am not sure what Richard will do with this guitar, send it back to Eastwoods ? 
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3926
    edited March 2019
    Result (and my previous comment edited).

Edit:....aaaand I'm no longer a prospective customer, couldn't deal with a man with so many faces!
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 749
    Rebar said:
    I'm glad to hear that the OP has finally received a refund. It's also nice to see that by coming to this forum the OP could benefit from our collective experience and advice. Fair play to @digitalscream for his involvement in running a tight ship, dealing with emails, etc and to Richard too in offering the refund at the end of the day.
    That's what he should have done in the first instance. I find it incredible that people are now commending him for finally taking on his responsibilities and acting like a grown up man with a business to run. I would never buy from him. 
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 749
    How many R8's were sent back to Peaches' without any faff? That's how you run a business..
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26742
    edited March 2019
    fnpt said:
    Rebar said:
    That's what he should have done in the first instance. I find it incredible that people are now commending him for finally taking on his responsibilities and acting like a grown up man with a business to run. I would never buy from him. 
    To be fair, Richard's gone above and beyond in terms of the refund - he's done it in advance of actually getting the guitar back. There aren't many retailers who'd do that, particularly if there have been any contentious issues involved.

I can't personally confirm whether the refund was offered sooner, because I just don't have the time to go through it all at the moment for "personal life" reasons (yes, I really do have one). That'll have to wait a couple of days, on the assumption that there aren't any other substantive updates from others.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    fnpt said:
    How many R8's were sent back to Peaches' without any faff? That's how you run a business..
    That episode wasnt without incident though. 

No fault of peach, but a loss for the forum. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    Philly_Q said:
    NelsonP said:
    I'm wondering whether this sort of thing went on in the good old days. You know, when people bought guitars from each other, in person in something called a shop. And if there was a problem they went back to the shop to discuss it, in person.

Ahhh - the good old days.....

I had almost forgotten that. Now I've got to start all over again. Thanks :-(
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1960
    edited March 2019
    Nada.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:
    Don’t get too comfy. Controversy is never too far away.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Schnozz said:
    So is Sally the one sabotaging the £100 free set up, or Dick just a dick?

Yip, there’s the controversy!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1960
    edited March 2019
    Nada.
  • gregmgregm Frets: 49
    Missed a load today on here, firstly this is the first forum I have ever posted on, I don't even use Facebook so wanted to say I am genuinely humbled by the amount of advice and time it took for people to offer help. I didn't realise guitars were being posted for sale on here either so looking forward to becoming a regular!

I didn't realise there had been an email from RIchard to the mod as I have not been online here today, I have just sent Richard an email and as far as I am concerned this is closed and he has confirmed this also.

I also want to mention as I think it was a very positive gesture, Eastman guitars director of Europe was made aware of this thread and he contacted Richard yesterday (Sunday!) to say whatever he had to say and that may have been an influence on the outcome. But regardless I got an email from the director also today and he said he would personally step in to have the guitar collected from me and make sure I got a replacement I would be happy with. There are not many guitar manufacturers that at Director level would get involved over a customer being un-happy I would imagine, so I think this has to be shared and given credit for. By this point Richard had refunded the full amount, so credit where credit is due I never expected this either.

I at no stage wanted anything for nothing from this, just a guitar that I had expected, I have asked the director of Eastman to collect the guitar from me to put an end to an unfortunate experience! I would hope that Richard then gets his refund and everything is back to normal.

I still feel that this should never have gotten this far and some of my friends thought it was hilarious I was called a small man, but I am sure that this forum had a fairly big influence in the overall outcome. So again thank you for everyone's advice!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    There's the power of the Internet for you. Glad you got a result you're happy with. Does this mean you're going to meet the top man at Eastman?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• gregmgregm Frets: 49
    There's the power of the Internet for you. Glad you got a result you're happy with. Does this mean you're going to meet the top man at Eastman?
    A little man like me? Only if they fly me out to China I won't be so little then lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Cher !

Wow,...I'm old !
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    gregm said:
     some of my friends thought it was hilarious I was called a small man
    No argument with you being called silly then?
This discussion has been closed.