2k to spend on a used PRS

What's Hot

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7181
    I’ve had a DGT for a few months now and it does pretty much everything. I’ll sell it at one point because I’m a bloody idiot but hopefully I’ll have the self control to avoid GAS for a while yet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Brent Mason........little known model and little known secret
    Best all round PRS 
    Does everything the DGT does just as well AND does the Silver Sky almost as well 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Go try them. I've found they all differ a lot.
    The dgt was nice but the best one I have played was @impmann 's 22 fret jobbie
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    DGT

Had a Studio, SC245, Stripped 58 and a DGT, A’s lovely as the others were, only the DGT has been a keeper
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    Tremonti.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    DGT - the best humbucking guitar I’ve owned - including a vintage (‘64) 335.

You should buy @RandallFlagg’s in the classifieds....
    My cheque’s cleared then?
  • http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/144684/big-price-drop-prs-hollowbody-i-10-top-with-piezo-2007-with-hard-case-and-tags#latest

I’ve a lovely Hollowbody. Proper pickups and piezo. Massive range of tones. £1999. A quid leftover for sweets. 

Best advice, make sure you know which neck carve you want. 

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    If you don’t get on with the DGT, I’d try a Custom 22. Mines a heavy example and is more than comfortable in that McCarty/LP field. 
  •  Best advice, make sure you know which neck carve you want. 

+1 on this.

WF
    Regular
    WT

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
     Best advice, make sure you know which neck carve you want. 

+1 on this.

WF
    Regular
    WT

Or Pattern 

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I have had a few PRS but am finding that the DGT is the best.  I did not get along with HFS/Vintage base at all.
    There are a couple of lovely DGT on eBay at the moment
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5050
    McCarty with Bare Knuckle Mules? 

(I.e. the one I emailed you pics of this morning...!)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3557
    I'd second (tenth?) DGT (especially the Standard) but also look at some of the less popular ones like the 408
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    +1 on the 408. I really liked the one I tried and after quite a bit of deliberation only bought the CU22 instead because I preferred its neck shape
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    edited April 2019
    Whichever PRS you choose (and any PRS is a wise choice) make sure to get one of these:

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
      ^  YAWN
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • The main reason people will be saying the DGT is because the pickups aren't crap. If you get a Custom 24 you'll probably want to replace the pickups unless you play in a Nu-Metal revival band
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24808
    The main reason people will be saying the DGT is because the pickups aren't crap. If you get a Custom 24 you'll probably want to replace the pickups unless you play in a Nu-Metal revival band
    Recent PRS pick-ups (57/08s onwards) are very good.

It’s not just the pick-ups in the DGT - it’s the thicker ‘McCarty’ style body, with the PRS trem, the ability to blend neck and bridge pick-ups with independent volumes, big frets which make bending easier - in other words, the whole package.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The main reason people will be saying the DGT is because the pickups aren't crap. If you get a Custom 24 you'll probably want to replace the pickups unless you play in a Nu-Metal revival band
    Recent PRS pick-ups (57/08s onwards) are very good.

It’s not just the pick-ups in the DGT - it’s the thicker ‘McCarty’ style body, with the PRS trem, the ability to blend neck and bridge pick-ups with independent volumes, big frets which make bending easier - in other words, the whole package.
    That's why I said main reason lol!
  • Whichever PRS you choose (and any PRS is a wise choice) make sure to get one of these:

Is that a personal anus inspection kit? Why would you want one of those?