PSA - ThorpyFX now has a clearance section - lots of money off V1 pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17823
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    roberty said:
    How is the gunshot for high gain?  All the demos seem to be medium/crunch/blues

You can get quite a lot of drive out of it but it's always smooth in character.

The Warthog gets a bit nastier.
    In terms of solo/leads What would you say cuts through better the Gunshot or Warthog?
    Warthog

I'd agree although I don't think you are going to have a problem with either.

Main difference is that you are going to have the smooth fluid sounding character with the Gunshot and the more raw aggressive character with the Warthog.

Warthog into Peacekeeper is one of the best lead sounds ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16323
    I know not everyone loves him but the Peacekeeper makes a (brief) appearance on here from a couple of days ago

From 3:52 - 'this drive is super versatil...'
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3503
    ThorpyFX said:
    Slimbert said:
    That's a bonkers price for a brand new Veteran!

One of my top three all time pedals.
    It is.... but with the space cleared....

NEW THINGS CAN COME
    Will you PLEASE get your mate and do a Thorpy update of the Lovetone Meatball? The best envelope filter ever. Big, huge, throbby, squelchy - maybe even add a touch of synthy goodess

The world needs it. And you could call it the Throbbing Squelchy Lovemeat.

I'd buy the pedal and the T-shirt!
    Also make a ThorpTone RingStinger.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    edited April 2019
    Veteran ordered. Almost felt bad paying that price for one! Cant wait, my first Thorpy pedal
    How very rock and roll
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    ThorpyFX said:
    Tempted. I do want a peacekeeper. I have a Boss Bd2w, wandering how the peacekeeper would stack with it or do they do a similar thing? 
    honestly.... really really well. the bd2w is different and has more grit.
    Thanks @thorpyfx , sounds just what I’m after;  Peacekeeper ordered. @fuengi has also told me good things about it. 
    Just been playing my Tele through the Peacekeeper, brings the amp alive! The 'Presence' control is genius and diming the bass with a Tele moves air in a very pleasing way. Enjoy yours when it arrives. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Everyone seems to want a Marshall in a box, but what about going for some other classic amps, like a Park for example: you could make the ThorpePark pedal. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Bought a Gunshot a few months ago - Unbelievable pedal, fantastic tone! Have been a bit disapointed in pedals in general up to now, but will never sell the Gunshot. If you are thinking about it - JFD
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    can we just set up a petition to get Thorpy to do a general Lovetone reimagined pedal range?

I'd buy pretty everything (apart from the brown sauce and cheese cause, you dont need to do those).

@Thorpyfx make it happen. There is at least one curly wurly in it for you
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    ThorpyFX said:
    Slimbert said:

NEW THINGS CAN COME
    Will you PLEASE get your mate and do a Thorpy update of the Lovetone Meatball? The best envelope filter ever. Big, huge, throbby, squelchy - maybe even add a touch of synthy goodess

Me too. If it ain’t too big enclosure I’ll be up for one too. No pressure lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3115
    edited April 2019
    I simultaneously love and hate these PSA threads.  Another Veteran order on the way... 

A Veteran, a Hudson Broadcast and a Tim on one pedal board is just getting greedy though isn’t it?
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6222
    And.. I'm now another new Veteran owner. :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Slimbert said:

NEW THINGS CAN COME

start saving! something is coming......
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Slimbert said:

NEW THINGS CAN COME

start saving! something is coming......
    I would literally be willing to slap a deposit on that today if its true!

If you have a test beta run I'd love to get on it :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I simultaneously love and hate these PSA threads.  Another Veteran order on the way... 

A Veteran, a Hudson Broadcast and a Tim on one pedal board is just getting greedy though isn’t it?
    Very ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 341
    ThorpyFX said:
    Slimbert said:

NEW THINGS CAN COME
    If you need the space that badly I can take a few off your hands...I can't promise you'll get them back but I'll definitely keep them safe...ish.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2246
    Fat General on the way.  Tempted to grab a Peacekeeper too....

• StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1492
    Another Veteran coming my way too. It'll join my Fat General, Fallout Cloud, Gunshot and Peacekeeper ony dirt board
  • Oh gawd! so so tempted to snag a PK V1 and a V2 Warthog from elsewhere,  but can anyone chime in and tell me if they will work nicely with my Princeton PRRI, do these also work well at lower amp volume - I only have Boss drives including an SD-2, OD-2, OD-1 I sold off a lot of expensive stuff off previously. Help greatly appreciated. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Oh gawd! so so tempted to snag a PK V1 and a V2 Warthog from elsewhere,  but can anyone chime in and tell me if they will work nicely with my Princeton PRRI, do these also work well at lower amp volume - I only have Boss drives including an SD-2, OD-2, OD-1 I sold off a lot of expensive stuff off previously. Help greatly appreciated. 
    I have had till recently two different Princeton style amps..... the PK works incredibly well with that style of amp, as does the warthog. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Oh gawd! so so tempted to snag a PK V1 and a V2 Warthog from elsewhere,  but can anyone chime in and tell me if they will work nicely with my Princeton PRRI, do these also work well at lower amp volume - I only have Boss drives including an SD-2, OD-2, OD-1 I sold off a lot of expensive stuff off previously. Help greatly appreciated. 
    I have had till recently two different Princeton style amps..... the PK works incredibly well with that style of amp, as does the warthog. 
    Just what I wanted to hear, cheers @ThorpyFX ;