PSA - ThorpyFX now has a clearance section - lots of money off V1 pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1565
    My Fat General arrived today. Sounds lovely, definitely adds a nice sparkle to my regular tone. Unusually mine has a golden footswitch...? @ThorpyFX ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    My Fat General arrived today. Sounds lovely, definitely adds a nice sparkle to my regular tone. Unusually mine has a golden footswitch...? @ThorpyFX ;
    so we bought a batch and they came with gold contacts and tip. rather than return them, i decided to use them in the remaining V1s. thought they looked cool.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    so we bought a batch and they came with gold contacts and tip. rather than return them, i decided to use them in the remaining V1s. thought they looked cool.
    So it's not a Willy Wonka style "Golden Ticket" getting me a supermarket sweep of Thorpy towers then?  (Not that there's much of your range that I don't already own!)
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    So it's not a Willy Wonka style "Golden Ticket" getting me a supermarket sweep of Thorpy towers then?  (Not that there's much of your range that I don't already own!)
    sadly not.... i actually was going to say it was.... but i thought better of it! written contract and all that.... ;)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • The Peacekeeper is here; my strat sounds utterly fantastic through it. Beautifully built and packaged. It’s the edge of break up sound I’ve been looking for. @thorpyfx we salute you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24755
    I’m jealous, mine (veteran) hasn’t got here yet.
    I don’t have a lot of time to play a lot of guitar anymore, but when I do it’s just my strat and a fuzz and I can get lost doing that for hours.
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    My Veteran is out for delivery tomorrow!! 

This pedal purchase is significant for me in that I now live with my girlfriend so this will be the first time that I've had to secretly sneak a pedal into the house so that she isn't aware of the purchase. I'm excited and scared guys, any tips from the more experienced members of the forum? 
    How very rock and roll
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

This pedal purchase is significant for me in that I now live with my girlfriend so this will be the first time that I've had to secretly sneak a pedal into the house so that she isn't aware of the purchase. I'm excited and scared guys, any tips from the more experienced members of the forum? 
    Smuggle it in inside a shoebox and get her hopes up...

(Works better close to a birthday or anniversary mind you)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6988

Act like it’s a perfectly normal thing and it’s what she should expect in future, if you don’t its a slippery slope to less gear!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7853
    edited May 2019

Deliver to work, or produce a new book from inside the bedroom (or even better a small gift for her!) when you open the box there.

I decided over the weekend that I need a Veteran but my board is too small for a V1 so I'm saving pending a reshuffle. 

Deliver to work, or produce a new book from inside the bedroom (or even better a small gift for her!) when you open the box there.

I decided over the weekend that I need a Veteran but my board is too small for a V1 so I'm saving pending a reshuffle. 
    Yep, I did that straight away! I’m hoping it comes in the morning that way I can sneak it in at lunch, dispose of the packing and get it straight onto the board. She’ll never know the difference at that point. 

Ill update tomorow
    How very rock and roll
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 676
    As above, you’d be better mentioning sooner rather than later about the gear splurges, that way you don’t have to sneak all of your purchases past her :)
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4008
    I'm never 100% sure whether this is just a funny joke thing people say or if it's something they're actually doing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3048
    edited May 2019
    prlgmnr said:
    I'm never 100% sure whether this is just a funny joke thing people say or if it's something they're actually doing.
    It’s a thing. Mine has no clue about pedals, so if I can sneak a new one in after getting it delivered to work she’ll never know 1 
    prlgmnr said:
    The struggle is real! Tbh I’m a lucky dude, she probably wouldn’t even bat an eyelid but having not long moved in together we’re deep in saving mode at the moment but I couldn’t miss this opportunity. 
    How very rock and roll
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24755
    prlgmnr said:
    It's a thing.

My Veteran arrived this morning and I was hurrying up the delivery driver so he would go before MrsF got back from her shift!

I have also been known to buy new basses in the same colour so she doesn't notice the upgrades!!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16323
    prlgmnr said:
    It's a thing.

My Veteran arrived this morning and I was hurrying up the delivery driver so he would go before MrsF got back from her shift!

I have also been known to buy new basses in the same colour so she doesn't notice the upgrades!!
    The bassist in a band I was in kept his main bass at work for years as he'd never found a way to tell his wife about it. If she ever went to a gig he had to use his house bass. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4008
    edited May 2019
    I suppose I should give up my secret - before ever buying a high end guitar, I first bought my wife a horse.

I've also managed to engineer it so she has GAS for a Purple Marble Aristides 060.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1074
    prlgmnr said:
    It's a thing.

The bassist in a band I was in kept his main bass at work for years as he'd never found a way to tell his wife about it. If she ever went to a gig he had to use his house bass. 
    How could you live your life like that lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9964
    prlgmnr said:
    It's a thing.

That's totally the kind of thing I'd do, albeit usually with much smaller scale things which makes it yet more ridiculous.

Sometimes I even hide that I'm selling stuff! Though whilst that is partly because she sometimes tells me off because she thinks I'm trying to cut my nose off to spite my face by selling things, it is mostly because I might inadvertantly give away how much the stuff costs...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic