Returning a new guitar back to shop - happy ending !

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6922
    Superb post @Willhubbs an absolute credit to you and your company

I have bought from you in the past and will happily do so again.

Yep, great response from peach.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    This thread is surely closed........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    Willhubbs said:
    Hi Fretboarders, Will from Peach here.

Dean has decided to mention us by name and already we have someone saying that they'll not buy from us again, so I feel we have to chip in here since this is now a matter of reputation as well as a bad transaction to address.

Those of you out there who know us and know what we do will know we are absolutely sticklers for quality control, every single guitar we send out gets checked over and setup, and it's very rare indeed for us to dispatch a guitar with flaws on it, in the occasion where we find a problem with a guitar on the way out, we usually notify a customer and offer money off or a refund for the smallest of marks as the reputation of our stock is super important to us.

This guitar Dean has sent back to us is used at this point, simple as that, and although it makes us incredibly uncomfortable to have to take a stance on this, I think a lot of the fretboard forum users would be the first people to cry foul if we dispatched the guitar in question out a second time as new, it's marked on both the front and back multiple times, and we know that there is simply no chance it left us in that condition.

Our legal responsibility on taking back goods that are not as new when returned are straight forward, it would be enough for us to simply refuse to accept the guitar back and wish Dean best of luck selling it as used, we'd even cover the shipping to get it back to him, but as we sometimes do, we've offered to refund him the majority of his money and sell the guitar as ex-demo making no additional profit from the situation. This is an extra option we're offering and are not obliged to do so, he's very welcome to keep the guitar if he feels what we think we can sell the guitar for now is unreasonable or unfair, it's just the price gap between a new example and a used one.

If dean approves it I'd be happy to post the pictures we've taken on today for you all to decide if we're being unfair, fairly clearly showing multiple scratches on the both the front and back of the guitar, but I feel that would come across as confrontational when that's not my intention. It's clear to us the marks are news to Dean prior to us telling him about them earlier and 100% believe he’s surprised to hear what we’re telling him.

I need to state that we practically never quibble on returns, and when we do it's simply as we can't sell a new guitar, and then accept back a used one, this is in line with both our terms and conditions and the law as it stands.

To Dean specifically, very sorry about this situation, sincerely. We really try to walk the line between looking after our customers and looking after our stock, and the two don't always line up the way we'd like them to.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Will @ Peach Guitars.
    Thanks Will.

just replied via email.

my intention from the first post was not to label the company. I’m sorry that I ended up writing it after someone asked. 3rd beer in and feeling frustrated.

ill like to echo the message I have said through out, 

Peach have handled this the best way

For a forum member to say they won’t buy from Peach again wasn’t my intention. I would buy from them again. It’s been a learning experience for me. 

I shouldn’t of mentioned the company name.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8765
    This thread is surely closed........
    It is now
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.