1234568»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    I quite like Hendrix.

Carry on...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Hang on... you mean the OP was being tongue in cheek humorous?

Well knock me down with a feather.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5758
    poopot said:
    Sassafras said:
    This thread seems to have provoked a tragic sense of humour bypass in some people.
    Massively so!.
    But that in itself can be quite funny, so......
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4225
    Nikc said:
    I caught a good friend of mine out with similar humour mid gulp at an open mic - I casually leaned over and said - You know I've always thought Robert Johnson was overrated - Seriously he nearly choked ;)
    The irony being you were entirely correct....
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Lewy said:
    Nikc said:
    I caught a good friend of mine out with similar humour mid gulp at an open mic - I casually leaned over and said - You know I've always thought Robert Johnson was overrated - Seriously he nearly choked ;)
    The irony being you were entirely correct....
    He's not an easy listen I'll give you that ;)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18801
    Sense of humour bypass? Nope.
    Attack? Nope.
    Sense of humour that might not have chimed with the rest of the threadsters? Clearly yes.

I'll apologise for causing any unintended offence to @RandallFlagg ; but the comments were more like ships that passed in the night.
    I'll try harder next time, but I can't guarantee that it won't happen again  ;)
    @richardhomer thanks for the flame free heads up :+1: 
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Apparently* we've all been listening to Robert Johnson at the wrong speed and if you slow it down 20% you get a much better 

*This is 'apparently' as in 'I  saw it on the internet and haven't done any of the requisite work to verify how true or otherwise this is'**.
    ** I took a few minutes to go and look in greater detail, it's a load of bollocks. 
  • ColsCols Frets: 7012
    prlgmnr said:
    Apparently* we've all been listening to Robert Johnson at the wrong speed and if you slow it down 20% you get a much better 

*This is 'apparently' as in 'I  saw it on the internet and haven't done any of the requisite work to verify how true or otherwise this is'**.
    ** I took a few minutes to go and look in greater detail, it's a load of bollocks. 
    It does sound much better though.

https://youtu.be/_JKS3j8fl_g

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Cols said:
    prlgmnr said:

It does sound much better though.

For some reason I'd always want to be hearing it how the artist intended, i.e. either whatever speed he actually played it (or with later music, what speed he decided to make it).

Possibly a less spectrumy person might think it makes more sense to listen to it at the speed we prefer hearing it at.

Likewise, I always prefer flat monitoring and for the bass frequencies to be as loud as the artist intended whereas a lot of people turn up bass boosts on their stereos because they prefer always hearing loud bass.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    I quite like Robert Johnson

Carry on...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...