Eurovision 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72366
    lol... UK gets 3 points from the public vote. Last place no matter what else happens.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    God damn that was trash. 99% of the songs written by ed Sheeran. Curry was nice though. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4926
    ICBM said:
    lol... UK gets 3 points from the public vote. Last place no matter what else happens.
    Aye - all of the best UK artistes are out releasing albums in their own right.
    Well, it was a great show.
    I didn't like the top two songs though.
    Norway & North Macedonia for me.
    The Aussies were pretty radical.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Well in the end I liked Australia and Denmark. 

Mostly surprised by how poor Madonna’s vocals were
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
    For me the Dutch song is hands-down the worst winner I can remember. Nothing good to say about it at all. 

Thought Spain were harshly done by, disappointed for Norway and Italy. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    prowla said:
    ICBM said:
    Optimistic interpretation there. I took it to mean: "fuck those arrogant Brexit wank rags" 
    :)
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
    Oh, and sad to see how far Madonna has fallen.

Absolutely butchered one of the greatest pop songs of all time and then followed it up with a dreadful autotuned cod reggae number that would have threatened to steal last place from the UK had it been entered in the contest.

Time to retire gracefully methinks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited May 2019
    What happened to Madonna, she looks like a cross between a pirate and the bride of chuckie
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    prowla said:
    ICBM said:
    Optimistic interpretation there. I took it to mean: "fuck those arrogant Brexit wank rags" 
    :)
    That's the excuse people make, but would you buy the UK song, would you go find it and click on the link? I thought it was the 2nd worst song in the competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72366
    For me the Dutch song is hands-down the worst winner I can remember. Nothing good to say about it at all.
    Only that it wasn’t as shit as Sweden. The Swedish guy was so full of himself it was untrue... the look on his face when he didn’t win was priceless.

Norway won the public vote which says a lot, and I didn’t understand why Spain did so badly in the jury votes either.

And Madonna... just why?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    On a side note, I love the fact that this is in Off Topic, rather than Music. Seems entirely fitting.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3479
    edited May 2019
    Madonna... if she’d just turned up in her jeans, t-shirt and a band it’d have been, ‘you had a bad night luv, don’t worry, it happens’ but when you dress as Robocop and surround yourself with the Death Star chanting monks you’d better have a voice that can live up to the occasion. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    Awful. The day that music died....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    ICBM said:
    Norway won the public vote which says a lot, and I didn’t understand why Spain did so badly in the jury votes either.
    Which saved my bacon in the bet with Mrs G: Norway was absolutely nowhere after the jury votes.

Sweden and North Macedonia both did terribly in the public vote.

I saw that the Icelandic band whipped out "Palestine" flags in the green room when the camera was on them. The cameras cut away quite quickly, of course.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    This and Game of Thrones....guess what? I've never watched either. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Madonna... if she’d just turned up in her jeans, t-shirt and a band it’d have been, ‘you had a bad night luv, don’t worry, it happens but when you dress as Robocop and surround yourself with the Death Star chanting monks you’d better have a voice that can live up to the occasion. 
    She reminded me of Kurt Russell as Snake Pliskin in Escape From New York.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:
    Madonna... if she’d just turned up in her jeans, t-shirt and a band it’d have been, ‘you had a bad night luv, don’t worry, it happens but when you dress as Robocop and surround yourself with the Death Star chanting monks you’d better have a voice that can live up to the occasion. 

I thought he was dead...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Only that it wasn’t as shit as Sweden. The Swedish guy was so full of himself it was untrue... the look on his face when he didn’t win was priceless.

And Madonna... just why?

I really didn't like the Swedish one, but apparently it was a hit so it was a bit of a surprise that he failed in the public vote.

I quite liked the Madonna performance.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12372
    prowla said:
    JerkMoans said:

I thought he was dead...
    So is Madonna’s career now. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom