Do you ask for a Pepsi, Coca Cola or Coke

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5165
    Octafish said:
    I ask for a beer as I'm no longer a child and it's probably a lot healthier =)
    Mrs tone1 always calls Coke ‘Cancer in a can’...it does remind me of my school days when one of us lost a tooth. We’d stick it in a glass of Coke and by the morning it had been dissolved  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 993
    tone1 said:
    Mrs tone1 always calls Coke ‘Cancer in a can’..
    She sounds like a wise woman. Fizzy pop is one of the worst things you can drink. Look after yourself, make better diet choices, and you have a better chance of surviving through to old age. Coke or Pepsi? neither thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    People say the cocaine in the original recipe was second only in danger to the amount of sugar in it. The amount of sugar that is still in it.
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Coca = no longer in the recipe
    Cola = no longer in the recipe

They should really change the name to Carbonated Melted Sugar. Can I have a Jack Daniels and Carbonated Melted Sugar please? Not as catchy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72342
    Dungus said:
    People say the cocaine in the original recipe was second only in danger to the amount of sugar in it. The amount of sugar that is still in it.
    They've replaced the cocaine with caffeine anyway. The same caffeine that Americans take out of their coffee... then put it in Coke.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I like diet either. Not a fan of Pepsi max. Hated the stevia one (that stuff makes my mouth feel gooey).

Can't stand the sugary ones. Gimme aspartame! 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    I always ask for Coke, but prefer Pepsi.... I shall amend this behaviour :)
    I wonder if they will ask "I only have Coke, is that ok?"
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14254
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Dungus said:
    They've replaced the cocaine with caffeine anyway. The same caffeine that Americans take out of their coffee... then put it in Coke.
    And the link of Aspartame with Donald Rumsfeld, government, corruption and big corporations - I believe the FDA tried to ban it for many years - When DR became part of Regan's team he helped to select the head of FDA - One of the first acts the new head of FDA authorised was the 'legal' use of Aspartame - Now found in so many foods
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11296
    Having given up alcohol and having drunk enough lime soda to flood the new Thames sewer it's Diet Coke for me.

Unless there's Inca Cola.

When I was a young lad you used to be able to buy cola powder and mix your own cola. Not the kind of thing you can google these days without the authorities showing an interest.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    scrumhalf said:
    Having given up alcohol and having drunk enough lime soda to flood the new Thames sewer it's Diet Coke for me.

When I was a young lad you used to be able to buy cola powder and mix your own cola. Not the kind of thing you can google these days without the authorities showing an interest.
    When I was a kid my family used to have one of those Soda Stream things where you carbonated your own drinks mixtures..  Horrid stuff...
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11296
    Rabs said:
    scrumhalf said:

When I was a kid my family used to have one of those Soda Stream things where you carbonated your own drinks mixtures..  Horrid stuff...
    The Sodastream concentrates were vile.

But you did have the opportunity to try and fizz up non-fizzy things. I think my brother had a go at carbonating milk.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    These days I rarely drink it because of the health issues. Can't stand the chemicals in the unleaded versions at all. Typically I wrong fizzy water with a shot of lime as a refreshing soft drink. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    After recently giving up coffee due to being a slave to caffeine, I'm now thinking of giving up these fizzy drinks too. From now on it will be tea and water all the way.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    scrumhalf said:
    Rabs said:
    scrumhalf said:

The Sodastream concentrates were vile.

But you did have the opportunity to try and fizz up non-fizzy things. I think my brother had a go at carbonating milk.
    Ha..  Possibly Ribena.. It was all a long time ago.. :)
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    beed84 said:
    After recently giving up coffee due to being a slave to caffeine, I'm now thinking of giving up these fizzy drinks too. From now on it will be tea and water all the way.
    There's caffeine in tea too !  Depends on a number of factors, but 50% of coffee on average.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I always ask for Coke unless I'm at a place I know only does Pepsi.

I drink diet because it tastes better. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3623
    All those cola varieties are vile sugary concoctions that I have never liked.

Why you would want to add it to any form of whisk(e)y is beyond me, unless you like your booze kiddy-fied?
  • I went to the Basque country once and found the kids were out all night drinking Kalimotxo, which is half coke half red wine. It got me hammered alright. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24276
    Coke.

Usually diet.

At home I have the caffeine free version as I have developed an over sensitivity to caffeine. 

But when I'm out I'm not really fussy. I prefer the taste of pepsi max to regular pepsi though. 
  • mecjohnmecjohn Frets: 0
    Turning to nutritional content, Pepsi has slightly more sugar, calories, and caffeine. Coke has slightly more sodium. There are also mysterious differences in the natural flavors included in each drink.click on mypepsico