Do you ask for a Pepsi, Coca Cola or Coke

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Pubs and restaurants make up all from the same syrup concentrate anyway.  You're better off asking for water, its about the only thing they cant rehydrate.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4521
    Pubs and restaurants make up all from the same syrup concentrate anyway.  You're better off asking for water, its about the only thing they cant rehydrate.  
    You are Cristiano Ronaldo and ICM£5.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Coke. And absolutely never under any circumstances ever mixed with a spirit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    None, I don’t like any fizzy drinks. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12319
    Coke makes me so thirsty, pointless drink. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    ICBM said:
    The only way I can stomach coke these days is by mixing it with rum or whiskey. But then I always think, well if I'm getting a whiskey, why not get a nice whiskey and enjoy it much more on it's own instead!
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2265
    I'd rather have a glass of water that coke. It's horrible stuff that just makes me feel thirsty after I have drunk it.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I ask for either a water, OJ, or if I want something fizzy, a Fanta. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Teetonetal said:

But then I always think, well if I'm getting a whiskey, why not get a nice whiskey and enjoy it much more on it's own instead!
    I would certainly agree with that.

I like Coke in moderation as something to drink if I'm out and can't drink alcohol because I'm driving, and I don't like most other fizzy 'juice' drinks. I generally prefer it to alcohol-free beer (although there are a couple of acceptable varieties), but the idea of mixing it with a spirit - even if it didn't then become pointless as a way of avoiding alcohol - is just bizarre.

I've tried it twice - rum and coke, which I was brought by accident because some idiotic bar person somehow thought that when I asked for rum I meant rum and coke! I asked to try it before it got thrown out, and it's one of the most vile concoctions I've ever tasted - and vodka and coke on the grounds that vodka doesn't taste strongly of anything so how bad could it be? Wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I went round the the coca cola museum in Altanta last year (pre covid work trip)...they have a tasting hall with all the different regional varients of coca cola drinks that suposidly suit local tastes.....some (actually most) were utterly disgusting!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    ICBM said:
    Teetonetal said:

But then I always think, well if I'm getting a whiskey, why not get a nice whiskey and enjoy it much more on it's own instead!

I like Coke in moderation as something to drink if I'm out and can't drink alcohol because I'm driving, and I don't like most other fizzy 'juice' drinks. I generally prefer it to alcohol-free beer (although there are a couple of acceptable varieties), but the idea of mixing it with a spirit - even if it didn't then become pointless as a way of avoiding alcohol - is just bizarre.

I've tried it twice - rum and coke, which I was brought by accident because some idiotic bar person somehow thought that when I asked for rum I meant rum and coke! I asked to try it before it got thrown out, and it's one of the most vile concoctions I've ever tasted - and vodka and coke on the grounds that vodka doesn't taste strongly of anything so how bad could it be? Wrong.
    Vodka and coke?? Is that actually a thing?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I never ask, I only ever pick them up in a shop. 

Pepsi and Coke do taste different. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18757
    ICBM said:
    Teetonetal said:

Vodka and coke?? Is that actually a thing?
    Used to be the drink of choice of my next door neighbour & her mates.
    Vodka to get pissed, diet coke to keep the calorie count down.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    ICBM said:
    The only way I can stomach coke these days is by mixing it with rum or whiskey. But then I always think, well if I'm getting a whiskey, why not get a nice whiskey and enjoy it much more on it's own instead!
    Rum and coke is an excellent drink.

As is a Long Island Iced Tea.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    I like Coke Zero and particularly Coke Cherry Zero.

I'm happy to drink full sugar coke too but it's better for me not to.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Coke is great,Pepsi is vile
    All diet versions are disgusting
    I used to drink a lot of Coke but have really gone off it in recent years
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    Diet and Caffeine free coke is far nicer than just diet coke. No idea why but it tastes more like proper coke than the normal diet stuff.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    I don't really drink it anymore, but if I do, it's a full fat Coke.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    Did Pepsi ever recover from their association with Michael Jackson? :trollface: 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4135
    Coke.

This one was my favourite by far, not as syrupy and it worked beautifully as a mixer too: