Great Guitar wrong make

What's Hot

Comments

• No.

'Just because' = what? unknown reason? absence of a reason? something personal?
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    I probably wouldn't buy a Chibson 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    I’m a bit weird, as in that I won’t consider either a Les Paul headstock with a dimple, or a fender with non vintage tuners...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10465
    tFB Trader
    I'll play anything that's a good instrument ... my main guitar is a Squire at the moment ... though I have several vastly more expensive and prestige instruments to hand.
     Some guitar types don't suit my style, like seven strings ... but brand wise ... I'm just a player, not a label reader.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    No. If it's good, it's good. If I like it, I like it. I have a Fender Mex Tele, an Ibanez PRS/Les Paul mashup thing and a Vintage V72 Tele. Despite preferring Fender-style guitars aesthetically, if the right Gibson or PRS came along, I'd buy one. Agreed with the sentiments of most here. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Wouldn’t play a Chapman, soz if this blows up the internet. Anything else is fair game. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    No.
    The only brand I would dismiss outright is Seagull and that's down to the horrific headstock.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Of course you could always sand down the Martin logo on the headstock and put a Sigma one on instead. 
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    I was always against Gibson, I now have a Les Paul Standard and love it. I've always been a PRS fanboy but I'm now on my last one which i'm trying to sell. Be flexible, it's way more fun..

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12339
    I’ve got a Gibson a Supro and a Cheap Silvertone reissue, the Silvertone is getting all my attention at the moment as it is just so fun to play.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18782
     "...just because."
    No, not a chance 
    :) 

Have you by any chance taken some peculiarly specific quasi-religious vow of denial?
    Or are you currently residing under a bridge & indulging in a spot of goat bothering? 
    ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    There's plenty of guitars I wouldn't buy, but that's because I have no interest in "old fashioned" guitars, not because of who made them.

Can't imagine dismissing a brand outright unless they were known to be unethical or exploitative.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11772
    Personally would never buy a Gretsch, Martin, Taylor or Epiphone. Have played a few stunning Martins and Epi’s but could never part with folding for one just because.

Any one else like this?
    No, if we want to believe half the stuff people believe about guitars you have to play them and decide what feels good regardless of brand.

Rejecting Epiphone guitars that were "stunning" in favour of other less stunning guitars with a different name on them is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

YMMV of course ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I'm not proud - I've got one of these.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22892
    I wouldnt touch a PRS, Suhr, Knaggs or any of those type of horrible ponytail muso guitars, with a bargepole
    Ponytail muso?  Makes a change from dentists, I suppose.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I have 3 Gibsons, 2 Fenders and a PRS so, no.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    Arjailer said:

Can't imagine dismissing a brand outright unless they were known to be unethical or exploitative.
    Ernie Ball MusicMan.

Danelectro (although I have owned a couple of these I bought second hand).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Pointy metal shred machines are the only ones I was never interested in.
  • I've owned a couple of Ibanez guitars over the years, and love the look of them, but just don't like playing them.

I just made a thread about how I hate the SG.

I'm not mad keen on tele's, although the tele custom deluxe with the dual humbuckers I've always fancied.

I don't mind PRS guitars, but prefer the least flowery ones.

Flying V's can take a flying fuckoffofabridge!

Semi-hollow's don't interest me. Anything too vintage-y looking like the Gretsches and the Rickenbackers ... nah bruv...

Bye!