ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
That is all. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    My friend disagrees:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Megadeth were ‘better’ in every way except in one really important area, Mustaine’s vocals are awful. He should have hired a singer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    All the best metal bands are British anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6697
    Megadeth are hilariously bad. Dave Mustaine's 'scary' face in the Sweating Bullets videos says it all. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    They're "better" musically, but I think that the songs, and definitely the vocals, are largely better from Metallica. 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    And I don't think it's an unpopular opinion either, to be honest, most of my metalhead friends seem to have the same opinion.  
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited June 2019
    Musically yeah but the vocals are unlistenable. I've never liked Metallica either, really overrated and my least favourite of the "big four". They might be alright if they had a decent drummer and lead guitarist ;) 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4830
    I think I'd agree with Steve, it's not an unpopular opinion however it is an incorrect opinion! ;)

I like em both but Metallica are better it's simple as that for me. Part of that is Mustaines vocals, but Metallica just had better songs and lyrics full stop. Megadeth were at their best when Marty was in them, and technically nothing from Kirk comes anywhere near Marty obviously but Kirk was a great recorded guitarist I think.

James is a better riff writer than Dave, and clearly a better front man too but Dave wasn't too bad. His bitterness kept him following Metallica but Megadeth did some great stuff along the way. It's a pointless discussion in some ways really, depends on what you like and how you measure who is better. Metallica clearly appeal to more people as they've sold more albums even before the black album, and arguably if Metallica hadn't gone mainstream, all the other bands from that era would never have sold as much as they have either. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    For me it's got to be Kreator>>>>Metallica>>>>Megadeth

Tomorrow will be a good day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Metallica only released 3 albums. And those 3 are far better than Megadeth.  

I dont really understand why anyone likes Megadeth. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• 2Unlimited >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Megatallitor

Bye!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Neither of them are as good as Hank Marvin.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    If i’m in the mood for that sort of thing in the car ‘Rust in Peace’ will be my first choice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Going through a bit of a midlife crisis and bought a double CD pack of Rust and Countdown when I was in a record shop a few weeks ago. Not listened to either since I was in my teens. Vocals (and some unintentionally hilarious lyrics) aside they’re both brilliant albums and I have thoroughly enjoyed blasting them in the car. I only like the “Metallica Triptych” (Lightning, Kill Em All and Puppets). I’d probably prefer to listen to Megadeth overall. 

I’m getting back into heavy music for some reason and my main stumbling block is the stupid vocals which seem so prevalent in the genre. 

PS - best metal album of all time: Vulgar Display of Power, forever. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6697
    Agreed about Vulgar Display. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Megadeth every time - songs and vocals included............ 

Mind you, saw them on the countdown to extinction tour with pantera as support, and pantera were intense! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Just to set the record straight and restore balance to the world again...

Metallica >>>> all
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited June 2019
    Half and half. 
    Hate to say but the lead work in Metallica doesn't do it for me anymore. Sounds a bit nervous and boxy.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4830
    Maynehead said:
    Just to set the record straight and restore balance to the world again...

Metallica >>>> all
    Indeed! \m/

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited June 2019
    Metallica better than Megadeth? Not a chance, listen to ride the lightening / justice for all and then peace sells./ rust in peace... back to back, the level of talent whcih comes from megadeth is insane, proper virtuoso playing and you can hear the bass..... Where as early Metallica no bass and stock riffs and solos, no competition there.
    Megadeth were the jazz and Metallica  was disco........... However they're both shite now.