The Best "Feeling" OD

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Gassage said:
    I hate to say this, but OD as opposed to distortion- a Klon. Followed by a KOT and a Jester.

Hopping on to TGP for a bit...
    I thought you got yourself banned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    I don't really understand what under the fingers means. Is this another phrase like transparent which means different things to different people?
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 245
    ewal said:
    I don't really understand what under the fingers means. Is this another phrase like transparent which means different things to different people?
    no more like dynamics, the way it makes you play, and capturing the way a clean valve amp plays with the level of responsiveness it gives your fingers.  Lots of od pedals sound decent but dont feel good or are inspiring to play for me.  Also I think it depends on your style of playing.  I am more on the bluesy side matt schofield and mateus asato as far as what I like to play.

If I was playing some hendrix or srv this topic wouldnt be that relevent to me tbh.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    mudslide73 said:

I borrowed a HT Dual with a view to replacing my V-Twin for space reasons and found I missed the other modes too much. The lead sounds were pretty comparable imo. 
    I never really used the Solo mode on the V-Twin much. The Clean and Blues modes are in a totally different league from anything on the Blackstar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    dcg said:

This may not seem helpful given the high sticker price of the item, but after exploring many other options over many years, the Origin Effects Revival Drive Custom is (in my personal view) the finest clean to mean overdrive pedal on the market.  And it really does feel like an amp.  I have not experienced anything better (and, BTW, no affiliation with Origin - and if you have a basic understanding of the way amps work, the number of knobs and switches isn't problematic.

Agree with every word

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3552
    Comp into RAT style pedal, with a strat