What's Hot

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    I do love this thread, I hope it never stops.  :3

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    dazzajl said:
    I don't, I get notified every time someone posts on the damned thing!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    ICBM said:
    dazzajl said:
    You started it ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Rowby1 said:

You started it ;)
    That's why I get notified :). There doesn't seem to be any way to turn that off.

This will have to do...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18760
    ICBM said:
    Rowby1 said:

You started it ;)
    That's why I get notified :). There doesn't seem to be any way to turn that off.

This will have to do...

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    Can we just all agree that Katanas are shite but good value for money and move on?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Lebarque said:
    Can we just all agree that Katanas are shite but good value for money and move on?
    No, I want to try one now.... @ICBM has said uncomplimentary stuff about DrZ amps in the past and I love some of them, so maybe the Katana is OK

;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Just remind me about the power leads again?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    dazzajl said:
    It must be very annoying. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    So which power cable is best?
  • Sassafras said:
    It was only between two amplifiers, so the term you're looking for is "better".  ;)
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Sassafras said:
    The one with the black and yellow braided sheath and the gold pins. £99.95 from all good hifi shops. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hywelg said:
    Sassafras said:
    The one with the black and yellow braided sheath and the gold pins. £99.95 from all good hifi shops. 
    But I've seen some that cost thousands, they must be better, surely.
    And they've got fancy transparent plugs that must cost a fortune to manufacture.

Sassafras said:
    It was only between two amplifiers, so the term you're looking for is "better".  ;)
    TBH I've forgotten what it was all about.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4136
    edited November 2019
    Has anyone here tried the sneakyamps firmware mod yet? I keep meaning to but still haven’t gotten around to installing it

*edit* just a thought, I might need to buy a better usb a/b cable so that it preserves the tone of the upload better!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has anyone here tried the sneakyamps firmware mod yet? I keep meaning to but still haven’t gotten around to installing it

*edit* just a thought, I might need to buy a better usb a/b cable so that it preserves the tone of the upload better!
    I was thinking that I have a posh USB braided cable that came from somewhere - for better toanz!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    As a bedroom amp that will do the occasional small gig or jam night the Katana is great bang for your buck. However, IMHO, it really doesn't have the 'thump' or projection of a more professional piece of kit (which is hardly surprising considering what it costs). I suspect that Boss launching it as 'gig ready' may have raised expectations somewhat.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5371
    Has anyone here tried the sneakyamps firmware mod yet? I keep meaning to but still haven’t gotten around to installing it

I was thinking that I have a posh USB braided cable that came from somewhere - for better toanz!
    Don't compromise, do your ears a favour, you need one of these 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000 said:
    As a bedroom amp that will do the occasional small gig or jam night the Katana is great bang for your buck. However, IMHO, it really doesn't have the 'thump' or projection of a more professional piece of kit (which is hardly surprising considering what it costs). I suspect that Boss launching it as 'gig ready' may have raised expectations somewhat.

Which version?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Yes I tried it but wasn't impressed tbh YMMV.  I preferred the stock amps. I had a katana 50 and thought it was excellent for the job I was using it for - playing quietly at night after we put the baby to bed.  I quite liked the clean setting with a blues driver, delay and reverb though I had to use some extreme eq settings to remove frequencies I didn't like.  I also don't think it handled pedals very well any drive pedals just sounded harsh to me. 

I only used it at semi gigging volumes twice and again wasn't impressed.  I ended up selling it and grabbing a little 15 watt egnater tweaker from the forum and have been much happier since then. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom