Comments

• ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    edited July 2019
    double-post
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Arjailer said:
    brooom said:
    I don't really get the whole "will you sell it for X, if I pay cash"... I mean if anything cash is going to be more work for me as I have to go into the bank to deposit it. Why don't you just transfer it to my bank account.

So essentially I'd be giving you a discount, because you made me work harder??

And I don't mean this like a Seinfeld routine... I genuinely don't get it.
    It makes sense for shops, where debit / credit cards incur fees that the shop typically absorbs, but yeah, for private transactions cash is not a benefit.
    A perfect ....so payment in kind it is!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited July 2019
    A lot of hot air in here.

The classifieds are a wonderful resource. And they are free! Basically, don’t take them for granted, and don’t be a dick.

I wish people put as much effort into positive contributions on here, as they did about moaning on flipping, low ballers and just generally being a drain!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TedTed Frets: 126
    I tried to buy a guitar off someone here that was clearly overpriced compared with similar aged models elsewhere. It did not get nasty or insulting but he refused to lower the price despite all the evidence - saying he was in no hurry to sell. I think sometimes people have unrealistic expectations about how much their gear can sell for.

I also agree with the poster who said that in a buyer/seller relationship it almost always benefits the seller to be politer and more verbally tolerant than the buyer. Even some people who can afford the item, will inevitably try it on initially, and if you are rude to them you will never get past this.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 823
    edited July 2019
    There are a lot of chancers out there both as buyers and sellers.

Don't take it too seriously :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom