D'addario's secret new strings

What's Hot
WonkyWonky Frets: 188
Today I had an email from the D'addario players circle offering to try some new strings unlike any I've played before.  However, when I clicked on the link I was told that all the test sets had already been claimed.  Apparently though these new strings are out September.
So I'm wondering if anyone on here has any clue about anything to do with these new strings?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7081
    tFB Trader
    Nope, I have a dealer account and haven't heard anything.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7134
    sounds like a scam
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    tony99 said:
    sounds like a scam
    Nah, wasn't a scam.  All legit I think. Took me to the genuine D'addario site for sure.
    Wonky said:
    tony99 said:
    sounds like a scam
    Nah, wasn't a scam.  All legit I think. Took me to the genuine D'addario site for sure.
    What details did you give them?
    tony99 said:
    Wonky said:
    tony99 said:
    sounds like a scam
    What details did you give them?
    No details were requested or given.  Definitely not a scam.  I'm registered with the players circle thing that D'addario run and I do get Emails off them from time to time.  For instance I think last week or the week before they were offering points if I bought their new tuner.
    Bit gutted that I didn't check my emails this morning, cos they might of had some left to send me, but there you go.
    ok just be vigilant
    tony99 said:
    ok just be vigilant
    For sure.  There's so many scammers around these days.
    DAddarios Latest String Innovation Is Here
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just worked out how to post this
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    I tried the much hyped NYXL's and thought they were shocking. Felt nice under the fingers but aged even quicker than Ernie Ball's and the b string snapped. Straight back to Elixirs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I tried the much hyped NYXL's and thought they were shocking. Felt nice under the fingers but aged even quicker than Ernie Ball's and the b string snapped. Straight back to Elixirs.
    I really like NYXL's, but strings are such a personal thing.  Mine seem to last really well though, but you've got to use what works for you.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    Wonky said:
    I really like NYXL's, but strings are such a personal thing.  Mine seem to last really well though, but you've got to use what works for you.
    could have just got a dud set. They felt great at first!
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1215
    I got the e mail this afternoon and signed up straight away. I'm hoping to get a free sample. I've always liked D'Addarios but I've never tried any of the expensive ones.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    I signed up and opted for an acoustic set as I’ve not settled on a set for my current acoustic. I like the nyxl on electrics though, feel nice to me. Be interesting to see what these new strings are. 
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    I like the NYXLs after I've played them in a little. They then seem to stay the same and last for a reasonable time. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Wonky said:
    tony99 said:
    sounds like a scam
    Definitely no strings attached?
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8800
    And I have a fistful of magic beans for the bold boy that wishes to try :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2612
    It just occurred to me that there's an interesting conundrum with R & D and marketing strings. What players would ideally want is a string that stays as new forever, or at least for a very long time. What manufacturers want is for players to change their strings regularly, while choosing their brand because they believe it's long lasting. There must be a lot of convoluted thinking about how best to square that circle.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    It just occurred to me that there's an interesting conundrum with R & D and marketing strings. What players would ideally want is a string that stays as new forever, or at least for a very long time. What manufacturers want is for players to change their strings regularly, while choosing their brand because they believe it's long lasting. There must be a lot of convoluted thinking about how best to square that circle.
    Great post
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    That's why they are pushing the expensive strings like NYXL over the regular ones.   I doubt they cost them significantly more to make, but the higher prices they charge allow them to make a lot more money.

I don't have acid sweat so the regular ones last a good amount of time for me anyway.  I'm not spending the extra for expensive things like NYXL or coated strings.  I doubt I'd get much extra life out of them anyway.