D'addario's secret new strings

What's Hot

Comments

• lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    I got the same email and logged on using my Players circle account and was asked to input my usual guage, acoustic/electric and my address so hopefully I'll be in line for a free set
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I wonder if any endorsee's of string companies has ever given advice in an interview or online that strings should be changed more often than they really should.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26787
    @Adji - any comment? :)
    <space for hire>
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24850
    It just occurred to me that there's an interesting conundrum with R & D and marketing strings. What players would ideally want is a string that stays as new forever, or at least for a very long time. What manufacturers want is for players to change their strings regularly, while choosing their brand because they believe it's long lasting. There must be a lot of convoluted thinking about how best to square that circle.
    I think you’ve just described Ernie Ball’s business model....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1060
    It always makes me chuckle when the latest youtuber is wheeled in to talk about how ****  brand strings are a vital part of their sound they couldn't be without.
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Obviously, if you're lucky enough to get a set, report back to us all guys.  I'd love to know what it is they've got that's so different.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    edited July 2019
    Wonky said:
    I'd love to know what it is they've got that's so different.
    Changed the colour of the ball ends so silver is the low E, purple is the A etc.  
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was uncertain whether to accept the invite to D'Addario's Players Circle (after buying their locking tuners). Since it involved divulging more personal info, I decided against it just in case it was an excuse to send a deluge of 'offers'.

I've not tried NYXLs. I'll give them a go soon. 
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7577
    iirc they did this trial exercise with what then became the Nickel Bronze strings 
    Red ones are better. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    I was uncertain whether to accept the invite to D'Addario's Players Circle (after buying their locking tuners). Since it involved divulging more personal info, I decided against it just in case it was an excuse to send a deluge of 'offers'.

I've not tried NYXLs. I'll give them a go soon. 

You can get freebies from it. I think the points from 15 sets of strings can get you a free set.  It you are willing to be patient, you can save them up and get a headstock tuner for free.

I'm less worried about D'Addario having my address than I am a lot of other companies.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    edited July 2019
    It just occurred to me that there's an interesting conundrum with R & D and marketing strings. What players would ideally want is a string that stays as new forever, or at least for a very long time. What manufacturers want is for players to change their strings regularly, while choosing their brand because they believe it's long lasting. There must be a lot of convoluted thinking about how best to square that circle.
    All the manufacturers agree in secret to certain factors much like the Phoebus Cartel of the past... or probably not.
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Hey guys!

Yes it is legit.

There was a fixed number of samples we had available and they were on a first come first serve basis. They were claimed in no time at all!

Keep an eye out for other correspondence from Player's Circle on these strings coming soon.

PS - they really are great.

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Adji said:
    There was a fixed number of samples we had available and they were on a first come first serve basis.
    Are these new strings perhaps meant for tennis racquets being used for air-guitar purposes?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    DLM said:
    Adji said:
    There was a fixed number of samples we had available and they were on a first come first serve basis.
    Are these new strings perhaps meant for tennis racquets being used for air-guitar purposes?
    Haha!
    We do have those in the existing projects file right next to Left Handed Guitar Strings and Cheese Wire.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7577
    I've bought approximately a metric fuckton of D'Addario stuff over the years and never registered the players circle thing - what have I missed out on over the years? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    TimmyO said:
    I've bought approximately a metric fuckton of D'Addario stuff over the years and never registered the players circle thing - what have I missed out on over the years? 
    A 16th of a metric fuckton of free shit 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Adji said:
    Hey guys!

Yes it is legit.

There was a fixed number of samples we had available and they were on a first come first serve basis. They were claimed in no time at all!

Keep an eye out for other correspondence from Player's Circle on these strings coming soon.

Thanks for posting man.  Looking forward to seeing what they are even more now
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    I like the coated daddarios but it still seems cheaper to get a 10 pack of normal ones. I put some coated daddarios on my bass, it makes sense for the price differential there. I wasnt into the NYXLs. Slightly OT rant on daddario there. I should join the loyalty program really
    tFB Trader
    Wonky said:
    Adji said:
    Hey guys!

Yes it is legit.

Thanks for posting man.  Looking forward to seeing what they are even more now
    No worries man.

They are really good, it's hard not to share more information!

I'll post more when I can.

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    roberty said:
    I like the coated daddarios but it still seems cheaper to get a 10 pack of normal ones. I put some coated daddarios on my bass, it makes sense for the price differential there. I wasnt into the NYXLs. Slightly OT rant on daddario there. I should join the loyalty program really
    For me coated makes much more sense on bass since they're all coated.

With guitar only the bottom 3 are coated.