Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

THE THORPYFX TOURBOX Commences - Team Medic & Warthog Thoughts & Reviews

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• Hey yes, I have them and will be ready to post them to the next lucky recipient on Friday. 

Apologies I’ve been on call this last week and it’s been manic, will upload my thoughts and findings this weekend. 

Cheers. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey yes, I have them and will be ready to post them to the next lucky recipient on Friday. 

Apologies I’ve been on call this last week and it’s been manic, will upload my thoughts and findings this weekend. 

Cheers. 

Ooo, I think that means I’m next :) 

Cheers. 

Ooo, I think that means I’m next :) 
    Yep, youre the last one ! Ill get some details across tomorrow ;)
  • @guitarcookie1 ;

Rob, you have the honour of being the last person on our Tourbox !

Pedals on the way to you soon =)

@ThorpyFX

• @guitarcookie1 ;

Rob, you have the honour of being the last person on our Tourbox !

Pedals on the way to you soon =)

@ThorpyFX

Looking forward to it :) 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Any reviews a coming gents ?

@guitarcookie1 ;

@professorben ;
  • Any reviews a coming gents ?

@guitarcookie1 ;

@professorben ;
    Yes, I have them and will post my thoughts this week.

@Wazmeister
    @ThorpyFX

Who are they off to next please?
    Any reviews a coming gents ?

@guitarcookie1 ;

@professorben ;
    Yes, I have them and will post my thoughts this week.

@Wazmeister
    @ThorpyFX

Who are they off to next please?
    Excellent, thanks mate and looking forward to it.

I'll send you the address Rob =)
  • Had these for a few days now, not had the chance to play ‘out’ with them due to Christmas so the signal chain has been - Warthog => Team Medic => Pod2 (Blackface model). Not ideal but maybe not unusual. 

Guitars used - Telemaster (Tele pickups) / Showmaster (DiMarzio Evos) / LP Junior (P90). 

The Warthog is just a good sounding distortion. Not sure it’s trying to be either Mesa or Marshall flavoured, it definitely has its own voice (in a good way) and suits all the guitars I tried it with. 

There are hints of my usual dirt pedal (DLS clone) and also of my G2 clone as you turn up the Calibre pot. 

Sounds similar to my old Zoom Hyper Lead, but much quieter in terms of unwanted noise/hiss - it is very quiet and well built. 

The power jack socket is wobbly and crackles on this unit but it has been around the houses in recent months, on & off boards, etc. 

Would I buy one? Yes, but see end below. 

The Team Medic. I’m not sure I get what this pedal is for. Maybe cos I have my setup that I’ve refined (and keep refining) so I don’t need a general purpose boost/buffer/eq “fixer” kind of pedal. 

Again, it’s very quiet and well built so probably a good choice for someone who needs what it does. 

IMHO, it would really benefit from a separate led for the boost though. 

Would I buy one? No, not at the moment but if I needed what it does in the future I would look into it again. 

My overall thoughts are that they are very well built and quiet pedals (quiet in a good way). 

Looking at the ThorpyFx range, I’m probably more of a Peacekeeper / Dane / Heavy Water person, preferring low gain plus boost sounds (current main sound is a Juansolo Klon Clone with a Bad Monkey after it for boost). 

But for me the biggest stumbling block is that I can’t see the etched legends by the pots. If they were mine I’d have to rub some black boot polish or something into the etchings to make the pedals usable for me. 

Big up to @ThorpyFX though. I know exactly what it’s like to build a business from scratch so please keep up the good work :)

Just my thoughts.. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Had these for a few days now, not had the chance to play ‘out’ with them due to Christmas so the signal chain has been - Warthog => Team Medic => Pod2 (Blackface model). Not ideal but maybe not unusual. 

Guitars used - Telemaster (Tele pickups) / Showmaster (DiMarzio Evos) / LP Junior (P90). 

The Warthog is just a good sounding distortion. Not sure it’s trying to be either Mesa or Marshall flavoured, it definitely has its own voice (in a good way) and suits all the guitars I tried it with. 

There are hints of my usual dirt pedal (DLS clone) and also of my G2 clone as you turn up the Calibre pot. 

Sounds similar to my old Zoom Hyper Lead, but much quieter in terms of unwanted noise/hiss - it is very quiet and well built. 

The power jack socket is wobbly and crackles on this unit but it has been around the houses in recent months, on & off boards, etc. 

Would I buy one? Yes, but see end below. 

The Team Medic. I’m not sure I get what this pedal is for. Maybe cos I have my setup that I’ve refined (and keep refining) so I don’t need a general purpose boost/buffer/eq “fixer” kind of pedal. 

Again, it’s very quiet and well built so probably a good choice for someone who needs what it does. 

IMHO, it would really benefit from a separate led for the boost though. 

Would I buy one? No, not at the moment but if I needed what it does in the future I would look into it again. 

My overall thoughts are that they are very well built and quiet pedals (quiet in a good way). 

Looking at the ThorpyFx range, I’m probably more of a Peacekeeper / Dane / Heavy Water person, preferring low gain plus boost sounds (current main sound is a Juansolo Klon Clone with a Bad Monkey after it for boost). 

But for me the biggest stumbling block is that I can’t see the etched legends by the pots. If they were mine I’d have to rub some black boot polish or something into the etchings to make the pedals usable for me. 

Big up to @ThorpyFX though. I know exactly what it’s like to build a business from scratch so please keep up the good work :)

Just my thoughts.. 

Rob, thanks for the write up, review and input mate !

And with that... this Tourbox signs off.

A big thanks to all concerned for your input, time and expense.

Thanks to @ThorpyFX for providing us with the pedals.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Cheers again to both @Wazmeister and @ThorpyFX for this, would happily do it again although it's cost me about £400 it was brilliant to test the pedals and to hear others reaction and guage it with mine. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    Fuengi said:
    Cheers again to both @Wazmeister and @ThorpyFX for this, would happily do it again although it's cost me about £400 it was brilliant to test the pedals and to hear others reaction and guage it with mine. 
    And for that Im sorry (not sorry)

Id like to thank @Wazmeister for organising the tourbox, it is massively appreciated and is something i just wouldn't have time to do otherwise.

As for everyone who took part, thank you. whether you liked the pedals or they did t work for you, i appreciate your comments/ feedback. I have taken that on board and it will inform future designs i promise.

all the best, Thorpy

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    Well done @Wazmeister for organising and well done @ThorpyFX for the sexy pedals. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom