Don't need another guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I really don't need another guitar (even I think I have too many!) but I really want one of those too.  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    TTony said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Unresolved wish to go to dental school?
    I actually spent more time than I'd have liked  at dental school last year.  UCLH.

It was ouchy.

Roland said:
    Is it that you want to own it or that you want to make one like it?
    Once the prices settle, I'm tempted to *buy* one.  If I tried to make something similar, it would only ever be similar and probably cost more in parts than a proper one would.

Philly_Q said:
    It's a nice touch that it has the USA bridge
    Indeed.

The SE prices seem to be heading ever upwards, but they're also adding some more bits and pieces to the SE range to justify that increasing cost.  Adds to the temptation!
    I was quite surprised when I looked at the prices of new SEs, they have certainly crept up. They seem to be making them in two countries now , Indonesia and South Korea. The Indonesian built ones do seem a bit cheaper, I wonder what the quality is like. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1104
    Do it.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6402
    drwiddly said:
    I really don't need another guitar (even I think I have too many!)  but ....
    ... I want a red tele with white edge binding, rosewood fingerboard B)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5420
    I really fancy one of those,  but the only colour I like,  based on pics, is the red. And both my existing dual humbucker guitars are red. I'm worried it may become a thing. What I need is a nice deep green one. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2924
    edited July 2019
    The SE series are getting really pricey now! Does look nice but a bit too flamey for my liking. For the same price you could get a used S2.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72786
    TTBZ said:
    The SE series are getting really pricey now!
    There was a link in another thread showing that overall production costs are now actually slightly *higher* in South Korea than in the USA.

So it’s not surprising that a guitar made that well in Korea is approaching the price of an American one - the only things making the US models still more expensive will be higher specs for some parts and processes, and the premium that can be charged for a US product in the minds of many buyers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 414
    Nice but would look nicer with dots, (not birds).  And in a solid gloss black with zebras, natural back and neck.  
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2924
    edited July 2019
    Nice but would look nicer with dots, (not birds).  And in a solid gloss black with zebras, natural back and neck.  
    You just described my ideal PRS (minus the zebras)  don't think it actually exists short of a McCarty though. I wish they'd make a properly stripped back one like that for those of us who like the PRS quality without the tacky finishes. The S2 sort of is that but the pickguards are ugly and there's no hardtail standard 22.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6914
    TTony said:
    So why do I *want* this

Surprisingly, 4.5 out of 5.

Need to wait for the launch price to get discounted.
    It’s easier to set out the reasons why you ‘shouldn’t’ want it.

Red flame maple
    Bird inlays 
    Black Tuners
    It’s a PRS
    etc etc 

;) 

Previously known as stevebrum
    I so wish I'd never clicked on this thread.

A month or so ago I'd convinced myself I absolutely didn't need any more guitars, I was fine with what I've got, and there are better things I could be spending our money on. At the time I was nurturing slightly unhealthy desires for either a DGT or a Paul's Guitar. All was well.

Now, after a few weeks of being genuinely uninterested in anything (in terms of owning) other than what I've got, I'm back with that nagging little voice ...
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5454
    ICBM said:
    TTBZ said:
    The SE series are getting really pricey now!
    There was a link in another thread showing that overall production costs are now actually slightly *higher* in South Korea than in the USA.

So it’s not surprising that a guitar made that well in Korea is approaching the price of an American one - the only things making the US models still more expensive will be higher specs for some parts and processes, and the premium that can be charged for a US product in the minds of many buyers.
    Which is why SE production seems to be shifting to Indonesia...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27790
    Snags said:

Now, after a few weeks of being genuinely uninterested in anything (in terms of owning) other than what I've got, I'm back with that nagging little voice ...
    Sorry @Snags ;
    :D 

I'd seen them a while ago, and almost put them out of my mind.  Then I saw them again somewhere else, and it brought back all the "I want one of those" thoughts.

I'm going to be disciplined about it though.  Forget the 1in, 1out rule.  I'm going for 1in, 2out.  In the time it takes to (a) decide which are going to be the lucky 2, and (b) got around to taking photos and listing them, and (c) actually selling them ... there'll be another totally un-needed-but-wanted thing coming along.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12111
    Snags said:
    I really fancy one of those,  but the only colour I like,  based on pics, is the red. And both my existing dual humbucker guitars are red. I'm worried it may become a thing. What I need is a nice deep green one. 
    Funnily enough, my thoughts exactly, my PRS SE Custom 24 is Wine Red and this would be too similar, a nice green (like the Epi DC Wild Ivy Colour) or very rich blue (like the Cobalt Blue LP a couple of years back) and I'm sold.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Yeah, well, you're not forgiven ;

I suspect there may be a trip to Coda before my 50th ...
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    edited July 2019
    Snags said:
    Yeah, well, you're not forgiven ;;

I suspect there may be a trip to Coda before my 50th ...
    And that sounds like a fine plan

Although for ones 50th you should be getting a tele - I know I got one last year ;)