Eddie Murphy

What's Hot
13»

Comments

  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 12604
    Sassafras said:
    I'm listening to a bloke called Terry Alderton on the radio at the moment. He's described as an award winning comedian.
    I'm trying to work out what the award was for, possibly a darts or snooker prize.
    I'm not sure whether that show is working tbh, some of it does, some of it doesn't. 

    I'll give it a chance for a few episodes because I saw him in a tiny comedy club in Bristol years ago and he was fantastic.
    Surreal show in parts, but looping around to an incredibly clever and funny conclusion, it was genuinely hilarious. 

    Although we were less than ten feet from the stage it took us a while into his act to realise that he'd also been the support act as well, in heavy disguise. 

    So I'll give his radio show a couple more episodes to see if it settles down. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 1667
    Sassafras said:
    Russell Brand, Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr, Jack Whitehall.
    All awful, especially Russell Brand, the dirty looking mockney tosser.
    Jimmy Carr & Keith Lemon have me reaching for the off switch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 15896
    I don't get these "Artist A is amazing, artist B is shit" threads.  It's entirely subjective.  It's horses for courses.  It's the exact reason there are so many different flavours of art in every discipline.  It's like having a thread discussing vegetables....  "I think carrots are awesome!". OMG No! - they are disgusting!  The best vegetable is onions!.
    Trump: A narcissistic luminous orange ball bag and Rome burning in man form.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 2743
    edited July 19
    Emp_Fab said:
    I don't get these "Artist A is amazing, artist B is shit" threads.  It's entirely subjective.  It's horses for courses.  It's the exact reason there are so many different flavours of art in every discipline.  It's like having a thread discussing vegetables....  "I think carrots are awesome!". OMG No! - they are disgusting!  The best vegetable is onions!.
    You're only saying that because you love Michael MacIntyre.
    TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER
    Dominus Spiritus Invictus
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 7620
    /\ /\ true, but I think we can all get behind the idea that Michael MacIntyre is crap tho. 

    I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 15896
    He's the highest earning standup in the country.  Whatever your personal preferences are, you can hardly say "he's crap".  It just means that a hell of a lot more people find him funnier than you do.

    Which nicely ties in with my theory of most of the general public being thick as pigshit.
    Trump: A narcissistic luminous orange ball bag and Rome burning in man form.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 7620
    someone or something can be popular and crap, in fact popular entertainment is littered with examples, the 2 are not automatically exclusive. 

    I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 15896
    No.  Something can be popular with others and crap to you.  It's not crap to them.
    Trump: A narcissistic luminous orange ball bag and Rome burning in man form.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 15871
    Emp_Fab said:
    No.  Something can be popular with others and crap to you.  It's not crap to them.
    History will decide who's crap.
    Ah, here we go, history has just decided McIntyre's crap.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 7620
    Emp_Fab said:
    No.  Something can be popular with others and crap to you.  It's not crap to them.
    well, I'll never get in the way of someone being wrong.

    I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I now have an urge to sit and watch 'Trading Places' for 37th time, bloody love that film! 

    My faves of the current crop are most definitely Stewart Lee and Aziz Ansari. Ansari's shows Parks and Recs and Master of None (Netflix exclusive) are genius, and his recent Netflix special hour long stand-up gig is brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Emp_Fab said:
    No.  Something can be popular with others and crap to you.  It's not crap to them.
    Taste is indeed subject, eye of the beholder, etc, etc, all that crap.
    TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER
    Dominus Spiritus Invictus
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 951
    p90fool said:
    Sassafras said:
    I'm listening to a bloke called Terry Alderton on the radio at the moment. He's described as an award winning comedian.
    I'm trying to work out what the award was for, possibly a darts or snooker prize.
    I'm not sure whether that show is working tbh, some of it does, some of it doesn't. 

    I'll give it a chance for a few episodes because I saw him in a tiny comedy club in Bristol years ago and he was fantastic.
    Surreal show in parts, but looping around to an incredibly clever and funny conclusion, it was genuinely hilarious. 

    Although we were less than ten feet from the stage it took us a while into his act to realise that he'd also been the support act as well, in heavy disguise. 

    So I'll give his radio show a couple more episodes to see if it settles down. 
    Thanks for posting that about Terry Alderton.
    I thought I had slipped into an alternative 1970's reality when I heard it. Who the hell namechecks Bobby Davro in a sketch show in 2019?
    Oh, wait, look who was credited as a co-writer...

    "Written and performed by Terry Alderton
    Additional material: Richard Melvin, Julia Sutherland, Bobby Davro, Bob Tap, Paul Tonkinson, Steven Dick."

    Like yourself, I'll listen again, but the first show was such a load, I went out to work on my bike.
    Unheard of between 6.30 -7pm on R4.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER
    Dominus Spiritus Invictus
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 1881
    I watched the Eddie Murphy episode of Comedians in cars getting coffee last night and he was pretty great. Nice and natural.. and a funny guy.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"


    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.