Fat Cat Guitar Components ...bridge parts

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    Also, very interesting. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love my Steel trem block on my Squier Strat! Made a huge difference to the sound on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Jonathan,

They look lovely.

However - I have to raise the issue of the tremolo arm. It appears that you haven't used the Callaham/Kev Hurley system of a nylon sleeve in the block to eradicate slop. Whilst I accept that this is period correct, so are 13 gauge flat wound strings... neither are particularly good for today's player. 

Can I suggest - nay, implore you - to adopt such an upgrade to your clearly otherwise well made Strat Trem blocks. Slop in the arm is hideous, unmusical and unnecessary. :)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22856

I like those hardtail bridges with Highwood saddles! 

Have to confess I didn't initially notice they were 5-string, I just thought the string spacing was very narrow....

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    Jonathan,

They look lovely.

However - I have to raise the issue of the tremolo arm. It appears that you haven't used the Callaham/Kev Hurley system of a nylon sleeve in the block to eradicate slop. Whilst I accept that this is period correct, so are 13 gauge flat wound strings... neither are particularly good for today's player. 

Can I suggest - nay, implore you - to adopt such an upgrade to your clearly otherwise well made Strat Trem blocks. Slop in the arm is hideous, unmusical and unnecessary. :)
    There is ZERO slop in the arm fitting using the arm supplied - very precisely cut.
    We have discussed the teflon issue but feel it's not needed at this point with how our ones are

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• impmann said:
    Jonathan,

They look lovely.

I've had a multitude of Strats over the past 40+ years.  Slop has never been a problem.  I just remove and discard the small spring from the block... and wrap a small amount of PTFE thread tape around the thread on the arm. 
    tFB Trader
    Packaging came in today (yay)

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Just a heads up that we have added a couple of lines 
    We have added "in-between" depth blocks for the Floyd Rose Blocks : 40mm and 35mm 

We have a block for the Jackson JT6 tremolo

We have a block also for the Floyd Rose Pro Model that needed the mounting bolt holes offset to fit without fouling the spring assembly for the fine tuning bolts- shown here with saddles removed.

The new sizes and JT6 model are all on our website shop now, as well as our Reverb shop too:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    We now have a range of height blocks for the Floyd Rose Pro in stock too  as well as a wider range of sizes for the regular  Floyd Rose (32mm, 35mm, 37mm, 40mm, 42mm)

We will add some standard thickness blocks in steel too for customers whose guitars wont accommodate a wider block without modification.

edited October 2021 tFB Trader
    We have added some normal size (8mm thick) Floyd Rose sustain blocks but in Steel for those people who want the change of material but whose guitars won't take the bigger block or they have no wish to modify to do so