Another expensive and addicitive hobby - Lego...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    My son is hugely into it. In fact we’ve just returned from Legoland. I do less and less as he gets older and more capable with it but he needed a fair bit of help with the Death Star and I have to admit it was a lot of fun 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Love Lego.

My son went through a brief phase after visiting LEGOLAND, where after every ride you exit through a gift shop.

Built the X-wing which I gave to him when the ex and I split, didn't have the room to take it with me. It now sits in a 100 pieces in their garage, along with every other Lego kit he bought.

• fobfob Frets: 1430
    Lepin used to be a good cheaper alternative but they got raided after Lego claimed they had stolen their idea. Ironic, as Lego stole the idea.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    always been disappointed that LEGO doesn't float... #GretaThunderpants
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My daughter is showing a vague interest, she's only 5 and has a limited supply of blocks but its great having a toy that i can actually get my teeth into rather than bloody dolls and plastic kitchen sets (its all so cliche!)

Keep meaning to have a look on eBay and see if i can buy some more, just a box of randoms like i used to with Scalextric track.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    I probably shouldn't be as excited as I am that a Lego shop is opening in Southampton soon.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12367
    Sesh said:
    I probably shouldn't be as excited as I am that a Lego shop is opening in Southampton soon.
    Whereabouts - West Quay?
  • I love Lego, did as a kid myself and love building with the kids now. There is something quite therapeutic about it. I have a Technic rough construction crane still boxed and ready to start building. Largest current Lego set apparently. Far too old for my kids at the minute but will make a nice project for us all!
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    munckee said:
    Sesh said:
    Whereabouts - West Quay?
    Yes, opening at some time before Christmas.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12367
    Sesh said:
    munckee said:
    Sesh said:
    Whereabouts - West Quay?
    There will be a happy 12 year old in my house!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Sesh said:
    munckee said:
    Sesh said:
    Whereabouts - West Quay?
    Oh nice, I reckon my oldest is ready to move up to lego by then...although that means leaving a trail of choking hazards for the younger one......
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    My son is just getting into the Lego juniors sets.  Has definitely rekindled my love for it.

My parents also found a huge tub of my old Lego in their attic.  It’s amazing that we’ve managed to find the old build instructions for some of the sets from a couple of websites. 

The bad part is that every time I go to get lunch from the big Sainsbury’s near my office, I want to buy him a set! 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240
    I may have succumb to the lure of the Lego store in Cardiff when I was there last week, and spent far more money than I had planned.

I did buy the little cherry picker kit, so I could test out my old camera, and have something (semi-)meaningful to learn Devinci Resolve with. This was the final result-

I know lighting was rubbish and is reflected in the image quality, but I'm keen for opinions on the general flow of the video. (Skip to 3:07 if you just want to see a little bit stop motion animation)

I'd like to do the same with the other sets I bought, but not sure if I've got the patience to do the same style with 580, 1000, and 2500 piece sets :-/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom