Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

In Praise Of Cheap (Good) Pedals

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3220
    AlexC said:
    @Teyeplayer Ammon Vintage Phaser - big orange pedal with one knob? I’ve got one of those. Sounds great. I use it all the time.
    That’s the one, sorry fat thumbs and spelling random pedal companies risks becoming phonetic! ;)
    I agree, cracking pedal. I guess it’s an mxr 45/90 clone? Sounds grand though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    edited August 2019
    lysander said:
    I got a bunch of cheap pedals recently.
    The one I liked the least was the donner morpher ( Suhr Riot clone ) - maybe I'm not using it right, demos of similar clones seemed to sound awesome but I found it sounded boxy and cheap.

However, the Caline orange burst ( BB clone (?)) is great, and the Caline Blue Sky ( Timmy clone ) into orange burst is absolutely sick.
    The blue sky is quite meh into a clean amp, but really comes alive stacked with the orange burst, with the gains of both half way through it sounds like a marshall about to explode, in a good way.
    I was going to say about the Pure Sky, it’s a great pedal no matter what it cost. I use mine in front of my other drive and fuzz pedals (Hoof, DLS and Sunset) and it really adds something special. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I don’t know how much they are second-hand, but the Danelectro Cool Cat pedals were dirt cheap when they came out and the ones I tried (Vibe, Chorus and some sort of metal drive) were great...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I don’t know how much they are second-hand, but the Danelectro Cool Cat pedals were dirt cheap when they came out and the ones I tried (Vibe, Chorus and some sort of metal drive) were great...
    Yep. The chorus is legitimately good. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    I don’t know how much they are second-hand, but the Danelectro Cool Cat pedals were dirt cheap when they came out and the ones I tried (Vibe, Chorus and some sort of metal drive) were great...
    I just picked up a Transparent Overdrive to try, so I can see if it's as good as a Timmy... although it's a while since I played one of those. Supposedly a circuit copy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    I just picked up a Transparent Overdrive to try, so I can see if it's as good as a Timmy... although it's a while since I played one of those. Supposedly a circuit copy.
    Yeah they got in trouble didn't they? Hence the V2 which isn't as good. 
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    edited August 2019
    The cool cat fuzz is also excellent. Reverb just did a video featuring it as one of Andy's top 5 underrated pedals. 
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    Arion SAD-1delay. plastic body, lush warm tone and cheap as chips.

I also had a cash converters result.
     An early 80's Ibanez TS9 with the JRC 4558D chip. £39.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BadnotesBadnotes Frets: 48
     https://imgur.com/a/JSevBqC

Cost me £17 quid from Amazon on prime day. Excellent budget analogue delay. 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Badnotes said:
     https://imgur.com/a/JSevBqC

Cost me £17 quid from Amazon on prime day. Excellent budget analogue delay. 
    I have one of those. And yes - it’s great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    After all the recommendations for the Behringer SF300, and being on the hunt for a fuzz, and an online vendor emailing me to tell me they were back in stock for £20, decided to give it a go. I think really I need more of a Big Muff style sound but I do like the Boss FZ-2 so will see what the Behringer is like.