Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gear4music ok?

What's Hot

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    It's my local store, and I know a lot of the staff (they employ a lot of the local musos). I would echo what someone has already said regarding out-of-stock items - if something is in stock, no problems, but they're supply chain information is not great, esp. if coming from some 3rd-party distributor.

Overall, they're a good store and I would recommend them.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    I have bought off them in the past. The singer in my old band was head of music at a large school and spent £thousands on behalf of the local education authority with them. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6841
    I think I’m a gold member there, which means I get the chance of an incredibly small discount occasionally! Not sure why they bother. All mail order transactions have been ok though.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Always had a good experience with them.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9549
    Mark, they are superb.

No hassle returns too - used them loads.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Always had a good experience with them.
    Ditto.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    edited August 2019
    Not bought a guitar from there but have bought other equipment such as pedals and stuff, usually been good but a couple of times they've listed a product on their site, that I go and buy, then I get an email saying its not in stock and it has to be ordered in. Usually a week or so. If its not in the warehouse ready to be shipped don't list it on the site!
  • Just looking at ordering some stuff from Gear4music but I have never used them before. A few horror stories have got me wary of using someone I have no experience with. Has anyone and feedback on using Gear4music before?
    Not had a problem with them...  Fast delivery and good returns policy, I wouldn't worry too much!
  • Just looking at ordering some stuff from Gear4music but I have never used them before. A few horror stories have got me wary of using someone I have no experience with. Has anyone and feedback on using Gear4music before?
    This is also where I'm gonna plug @NorthwestGuitars , great parts, great prices, great shipping....  you get the idea

northwestguitars.co.uk
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Superb store, really friendly even if it is basically a huge warehouse. Not a bad word to say about them from me
  • sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
    edited August 2019
    gringopig said:
    Just make sure the item you order is actually in stock in the UK. They have hubs in Germany too and one of the items was going to be delivered from there. After a lengthy and frustrating delay I cancelled.

To the right of the stock number, hover over the icon and it will show how many are in stock and where. I wouldn't bother if it's in Germany.
    I've been caught out with this one before.  Ordered a Bogner pedal and it turned out that it was being dispatched from Germany. Took a little under two weeks to arrive (which is a little slow IMO); when I wanted to return I had to post back to Germany (which is fair enough I guess). If I remember correctly it took them over a month and a couple of emails for them to acknowledge the safe return of the pedal and actually refund me.

In the end all was fine, but as above, I'd probably only order from them again if the item was stocked in the UK.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    mrkb said:
    I think I’m a gold member there, which means I get the chance of an incredibly small discount occasionally! Not sure why they bother. All mail order transactions have been ok though.
    I'm a gold member too. Most discounts are very small, but occasionally there are some great deals such as a Boss DD 500, which I picked up for £239, usual retail price at the time was £299.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4700
    If you can make it to York, the showroom is a thing of beauty.
    If you can find it
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10480
    tFB Trader
    I've had guitar cases and bits and bobs from them ... always good service.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I like them because they send me far fewer emails than bloody Reverb. Those bastards send me about 30 spams a day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I've just moved to the area.....I need to visit!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    I've just moved to the area.....I need to visit!
    orly? where are you?

R.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    edited August 2019
    Octafish said:
    mrkb said:
    I'm a gold member too. Most discounts are very small, but occasionally there are some great deals such as a Boss DD 500, which I picked up for £239, usual retail price at the time was £299.

that's the one good deal I've ever had from there

edit: actually that's a slight lie, they knocked 200 quid off a Washburn Solar 7 string because there was a white spot in the black matte finish, which somehow contrived to disappear over a week or so when I'd got it home
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    I buy most of my online orders from Gear4, never had any problems (just know my bass strings wont arrive now i've said that!) but to be fair never had to open a return.
  • I bought a Vintage V6M24 from them - the price was great, the guitar less so, unfortunately. The returns process was super-slick though, I was very impressed
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)