Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post the heaviest song of all time.

What's Hot

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Reverend said:
    I can't take Sunn seriously 
    From a technical point of view it's interesting as they need to do a lot of things different to get the sound, to handle the frequencies and they need to get the buildings they play in assessed for structural integrity - and that's funny :)

I also love to think of the rehearsal room process "Hey guys, I have a new song..." 10 mins later "And then it goes to D"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited August 2019
    Well, a little bit of googling and I found this..

Not my thing but it's definitely heavy. 
  • Dunno that I can really pick one, it def would be something slower though not the tippy tappy snare blast beat shite. What about that weird death metal album that was allegedly written by some dud in a mental asylum with pig trotters for hands?
    Ahh, that'd be Silencer! Musically it's pretty sensible (by black metal standards) but then the vocals are bonkers
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    Vaiai said:
    Reverend said:
    From a technical point of view it's interesting as they need to do a lot of things different to get the sound, to handle the frequencies and they need to get the buildings they play in assessed for structural integrity - and that's funny :)

I also love to think of the rehearsal room process "Hey guys, I have a new song..." 10 mins later "And then it goes to D"
    First time they played here they set the backline up at the front of the stage, sat behind the amps with guitars resting on cabs and fed back for 30 minutes, whilst pissing themselves laughing. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    Reverend said:

First time they played here they set the backline up at the front of the stage, sat behind the amps with guitars resting on cabs and fed back for 30 minutes, whilst pissing themselves laughing. 
    Was that at the Camden Underworld?  I think I had a conversation with a mate of mine who was at their first UK gig and never could have predicted how huge a thing they became.  

I count myself as a Sunn O))) fan and have quite a few of their albums and have seen them play quite a few times.  Some of their albums are great, and are quite varied (if Attila's on vocals for sure) but sometimes their music can be a bit 'Emperor's New Clothes'.  

For the last 10-15 years or so I kind of see Sunn O))) etc to be the Ying to 'Djent's Yang. 

Reverend said:

Was that at the Camden Underworld?  I think I had a conversation with a mate of mine who was at their first UK gig and never could have predicted how huge a thing they became.  

I count myself as a Sunn O))) fan and have quite a few of their albums and have seen them play quite a few times.  Some of their albums are great, and are quite varied (if Attila's on vocals for sure) but sometimes their music can be a bit 'Emperor's New Clothes'.  

For the last 10-15 years or so I kind of see Sunn O))) etc to be the Ying to 'Djent's Yang. 

It was. It was Orange Goblin and Goatsnake, so it was Stuart Dahlquist on bass at the time. Stuart, Soma and Greg laughing whilst feeding back.
    Vaiai said:
    Reverend said:

Chris Fullard does their sound. He did Cathedral at Damnation festival and it was 124db on stage. Chris has it at 129db at the sound desk. 
  • NeuroneNeurone Frets: 31
    This?

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    Neurone said:
    This?

IMO Kurt Ballou's has made a huge contribution to 'heavy music' in recent times

Including

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEnU7WlIpvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPFr8jGXSbg
  • Melvins-Lysol

Vry vry hvy.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Neurone said:
    This?

IMO Kurt Ballou's has made a huge contribution to 'heavy music' in recent times

Including

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEnU7WlIpvA

https://www.youtube.com
    That particular Nails album is pretty much the gold standard for the modern HM2/Sunlight sound. His production on the 2nd Vallenfyre album is also amazing. The heaviest or at least meanest sounding Converge track has to be Homewrecker from Jane Doe though.  Throwing a non-metal track into the mix, this is ten times heavier than anything bring me the hair straighteners ever wrote -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5419
    edited August 2019
    I love Converge. It took me AGES to “get” them. 

I nominate Kyuss- Gardenia

https://youtu.be/O8VmoqBz9Vg
    MrsLostSon hates it, so it must be good. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Homewrecker is awesome, good shout :)
  • For me the really slow sludgy stuff is too fizzy to have big impact, and the really fast stuff too quick to stick the heavy landing. That's why it's mid-paced stuff like the previously posted Carcass, with really tight guitars, that has the greatest heavy impact for me.

That's not to say I don't like the sludgy stuff, nor the fast stuff, but for me where I find the greatest weight in heavy music is where there's music that's tight, crushing, and at least swift enough to be a hammer blow with time to linger. 

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    For me the really slow sludgy stuff is too fizzy to have big impact, and the really fast stuff too quick to stick the heavy landing. That's why it's mid-paced stuff like the previously posted Carcass, with really tight guitars, that has the greatest heavy impact for me.

That's not to say I don't like the sludgy stuff, nor the fast stuff, but for me where I find the greatest weight in heavy music is where there's music that's tight, crushing, and at least swift enough to be a hammer blow with time to linger. 
    I used to feel that way, but I seem to be getting into faster, heavier stuff the older I get.
    Not sure why.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15515

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    Nary a guitar in sight...

http://youtu.be/1SEgoi7kjw8

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom