Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you solo with your neck or bridge pickup?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I use the neck pickup for everything. 
    I should explain that I tailor my signal processor EQ etc. to the guitars neck pickup only.

Anybody want to buy some bridge pickups?
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I use the neck pickup for everything. 
    I should explain that I tailor my signal processor EQ etc. to the guitars neck pickup only.

Anybody want to buy some bridge pickups?
    Got a Fat 50s middle pickup?
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9393
    I only use a bridge pickup. I feel it cuts through better in a band mix and adds a lot more gain to the solo to help it sing. Except... on a Strat where I use the Neck/middle pickup setting. Otherwise it's way too trebly.
    On a tele, there really is only one pickup and maybe an in between position for rhythm
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    chris78 said:
    I only use a bridge pickup. I feel it cuts through better in a band mix and adds a lot more gain to the solo to help it sing. Except... on a Strat where I use the Neck/middle pickup setting. Otherwise it's way too trebly.
    On a tele, there really is only one pickup and maybe an in between position for rhythm

I used to be in a neo-soul band and was on my tele's neck pickup 90% of the time.
    I think we had 2 songs where I used the middle position and never used the bridge alone!
    In my actual band it's exactly the opposite.
  • Bridge - Tele, Jag, Ricky. Doesn’t ‘cut’ for my sort of stuff otherwise. Neck pickup solos often sound ‘hooty’ - which is ok but a bit polished sounding for me.