Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27848
    Ooooooo ... nice!

I wonder if they solved the weight problem too ... £795 could be bargaintastic.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5476
    That’s the USA Eastwood site though so prices are ex-VAT even though they are shown in £. 

Looks like after shipping it’ll be just over £900. Still quite a bit less than the genuine article!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6977
    Ooh want. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72922
    Sorry, but I don't get the enthusiasm for a blatant rip-off like that.

If you want a lighter, cheaper SG2000 just buy a genuine SG800, 1000 etc. They're not especially rare.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4211
    edited September 2019
    Set neck and not neck-thru, so it’s an SG1000, rather buy s/h Yamaha tbh
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 402
    ICBM said:

If you want a lighter, cheaper SG2000 just buy a genuine SG800, 1000 etc. They're not especially rare.
    Seconded. Eastwood are just overpriced, funny-shaped Ephiphones. On their best day.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Whitecat said:
    That’s the USA Eastwood site though so prices are ex-VAT even though they are shown in £. 

Looks like after shipping it’ll be just over £900. Still quite a bit less than the genuine article!
    I think the £ version of the site is the full amount, it was when I bought from them. They ship from Liverpool as well so no import taxes etc
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5476
    Whitecat said:

I think the £ version of the site is the full amount, it was when I bought from them. They ship from Liverpool as well so no import taxes etc
    Not on the USA .com site. There is a .co.uk site where they do display the VAT-in price. 

Try adding the one linked above to your cart and you will see...
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19273
    ICBM said:

Eastwood 'Custom Shop' do appear to have a rather unusual marketing strategy.
    Seems you pledge money toward a copy of your choice & then Eastwood build it if they get enough cash pledges.
    You then end up with the bizarre situation where they copy a MadCat copy of a Hohner copy of a Telecaster and call it a Prince Tribute... WTF  :o
    https://eastwoodcustoms.com/
  • I’d love one of the surfcasters but to me they seem way too much and look cheaper in quality than probably what they are.
    i had one of the stormbird reissues which looked great but was “meh” for me anyway 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23532
    ICBM said:

My initial impression was wow, it looks great, but you're right, I'm not sure what the point of it is.

Getting past the looks, it's then a question of how good a guitar is it - the neck, the weight, the sound and the general feel of the thing.  It could be nothing like a Yamaha beneath the surface.

(Incidentally, pau ferro board?  It must be stained to look like ebony.)
  • If only Yamaha would get their act together and reintroduce the SG line with the original specs. They seem to regularly circle around the idea but totally miss the target ( SG1820 etc ). I am sure there would be a market for them and it would piss off one unscrupulous nutter ( he of the multiple identities and mucho BS ). As it is I'm glad I've still got my SG2000 and SG3000, absolutely lovely guitars, and ,thankfully , they didn't cost me silly money. 
  • Interesting. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27848
    Interesting. 
    interesting!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebear said:
    If only Yamaha would get their act together and reintroduce the SG line with the original specs. They seem to regularly circle around the idea but totally miss the target ( SG1820 etc ). I am sure there would be a market for them and it would piss off one unscrupulous nutter ( he of the multiple identities and mucho BS ). As it is I'm glad I've still got my SG2000 and SG3000, absolutely lovely guitars, and ,thankfully , they didn't cost me silly money. 
    I’ve said this before but the romance of the SG2000 soon goes out the window when most people who have fond memories of them pick them up. Plus, with Japanese labour costs as they are, to make something so intricate to the same specs you would be looking at close to £5k now. Maybe one day. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72922
    Interesting. 
    Is that "interesting" in a "how much extra work do you think this is going to be for our lawyers?" kind of way?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Interesting. 
    Is that "interesting" in a "how much extra work do you think this is going to be for our lawyers?" kind of way?
    Nothing to do with me. Buuuut! 

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3068
    edited September 2019
    I’ve said this before but the romance of the SG2000 soon goes out the window when most people who have fond memories of them pick them up.
    True. I love my SG3000, but it's very heavy.

Edit: as seen in my profile pic!

R.
  • artiebear said:
    If only Yamaha would get their act together and reintroduce the SG line with the original specs. They seem to regularly circle around the idea but totally miss the target ( SG1820 etc ). I am sure there would be a market for them and it would piss off one unscrupulous nutter ( he of the multiple identities and mucho BS ). As it is I'm glad I've still got my SG2000 and SG3000, absolutely lovely guitars, and ,thankfully , they didn't cost me silly money. 
    I’ve said this before but the romance of the SG2000 soon goes out the window when most people who have fond memories of them pick them up. Plus, with Japanese labour costs as they are, to make something so intricate to the same specs you would be looking at close to £5k now. Maybe one day. 
    I know where your coming from re the labour cost etc. As far as the weight goes, a decent LP Custom is up in the same ballpark and enough of us give ourselves spinal issues strapping on of those on. I guess that tooling up to produce through body designs would be expensive and labour intensive. I also have an SC1200 ( 1979 model ) which is a 5 piece neck through body design, it is a thing of beauty in terms of build quality. I often wonder what kind of crazy money a similarly built super strat with a lovely ebony board etc would go for these days . Probably right off the scale. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom