PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• westfordwestford Frets: 581
    Didn’t manage to take anything suitable for this month’s theme. I had a series of photos from when my toddler was going through his obsessed by triangular road signs phase, but that was over a year ago (even if it feels like last week).

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    westford said:
    Didn’t manage to take anything suitable for this month’s theme. I had a series of photos from when my toddler was going through his obsessed by triangular road signs phase, but that was over a year ago (even if it feels like last week).

I love that photo! I don't think anyone's taking it to the level of checking when the photos were taken, tbh...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    westford said:

Cracking photo - you should have entered it. I wouldn't have objected.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    @beed84 I've been looking at your picture and racking my brains, but I can't figure out what it actually is...

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    edited June 2020
    @beed84 I've been looking at your picture and racking my brains, but I can't figure out what it actually is...
    Well, unless you live in York, or at least have inspected the inscription where said photo was taken, it would be very unlikely to figure it out. Any more guesses before I reveal the answer?

THE ANSWER IS: The statue of Roman Emperor Constantine the Great. As I roamed the streets of York for inspiration, finding the word 'sign' on the bronze statue was totally felicitous.

Results are in on the competition thread. Congratulations to everyone that took part this month, as usual every photo was great!

@beed84 I’ve just mentioned in the other thread that I still didn’t know what your photo was: I hadn’t seen your edit in this thread. Nice! I can imagine your glee at spotting the word sign on it too :)

beed84 said:
    Well, unless you live in York, or at least have inspected the inscription where said photo was taken, it would be very unlikely to figure it out. Any more guesses before I reveal the answer?

THE ANSWER IS: The statue of Roman Emperor Constantine the Great. As I roamed the streets of York for inspiration, finding the word 'sign' on the bronze statue was totally felicitous.

Nice pic .. glad you got it while you could as it looks like Constantine may not be there for much longer. York Minister is reviewing his status after complaints from the UK Black Lives Matter group that Constantine supported slavery. The Church is keen to not offend. The only issue seems to be who actually owns it.

Morning everyone. New competition thread for July is now up:

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27108
    Nice. No excuses for this one as we presumably all have access to at least a window if not a garden or whatever. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    I'm not buying a Strymon pedal just for a photo competition ...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1186
    edited July 2020
    I already have a picture taken on my last day of uni.

Just got to remember how to post pictures now.

Edit - And it's in. The joys that can be had by overexposing a HDR image on a Huawei camera.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4541
    Thanks to those who voted; didn't hurt that I was in one of the most picturesque parts of the world.

Hope you enjoy this month's subject.  Nice start @YellowLedBetterMan !
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Edit - And it's in. The joys that can be had by overexposing a HDR image on a Huawei camera.

Great pic Harry ..

Fretwired said:

Great pic Harry ..
    ^ what he said

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    edited July 2020
    boom  @YellowLedBetterMan sets the bar high from the off!!

If all goes to plan i've got a week in the Cairngorms starting the 19th....one day week to get something good

• Thank you for the kind words folks.

The image was taken on the walk to Coventry Train Station on my final day of uni before lockdown, about 6pm.

There were about 2 dozen people on the little green taking pictures of the sky, so I couldn't resist joining in.

From memory, it was just using a HDR filter on the Huawei P20 Camera, and taking it into Lightroom and playing with the exposure. It was one of the first photography things I did, and also one of the best.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I declare Harry the winner and so won't bother this month .... at the moment the sky is either blue or grey .. :-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Yeah, very nice indeed Harry. I have a couple of worthy entries, but sadly they’re more than 12 months old  :/
    beed84 said:
    Yeah, very nice indeed Harry. I have a couple of worthy entries, but sadly they’re more than 12 months old  :/
    I don't think anyone's being that strict tbh, dude...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Can we submit old photos? I have one I'm quite proud of that I printed 35x35cm. It was originally not square, but it was the only big frame I had...

If not, I'll figure something else out :)