Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

London International Guitar Show - Sunday 27th Oct - Kempton Park Race Course

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    AlbertC said:
    Thinking about swinging along to this but being a mainly acoustic kind of chap and having never attended one of these shows before, I'm wondering - are these mainly electric affairs or is there a good % of acoustic stands as well?
    Cheers
    I've not looked at the full listing of exhibitors , but there are often a few of the excellent UK custom builders at the shows - More boutique etc

The likes of Yamaha, Martin, Takamine, Taylor do not exhibit at this show - However you'll find a selection of new/used models on various dealers/exhibitors stands - Whilst other dealers will have on display more of the Far Eastern models again new/used

The show is more electric flavoured than unplugged - But there is a presence of acoustic guitars throughout the 2 floors

I can't promise you'll find the holy grail but you'll probably find a greater offering at the show, compared to many 'local independent' based stores

Hope you can make it and find it worth the trip
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flame_GuitarsFlame_Guitars Frets: 79
    tFB Trader
    I will be exhibiting at this show again. The new owner of this guitar collected his guitar today. He graciously then agreed for me to borrow it back from him on Saturday so that I could exhibit it at Sunday's show!

So if you are going, come and say "hello" at the Flame Guitars stand. Be a pleasure to discuss custom guitars, servicing & repairs with forum members (and all things guitars).
    Flame Guitars. Custom electric guitars, servicing & repairs by David Kennett
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We will be there. This year we are going to construct a whole Vintage Guitar Island containing most of our stock of over 70 vintage and rare guitars.

We will have plenty of new arrivals that have not yet made it up on the website so come along for a sneak preview.

We welcome anyone and everyone to pop over and say hello even if they have no interest in buying - we just love talking vintage guitars and a special gift will be given to anyone who visits the ATB Island dressed in beach wear...

We will look forward to seeing anyone who can make it on Sunday. Peter and Gail know how to put on a great and fun show and this is probably the best one of the year.
  • I’m on my way.  I’m the slightly overweight middle aged man in a hat. Say hello if you see me!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited October 2019
    For all you users of modellers, check out my friend Peter at Clear Sound Music's stand as he'll have the very impressive Redsound cabs there and if interested, mention you're from the Fb Forum.

If you do stop by and try or hear them, I'd be interested on your thoughts
  • Wearing obligatory Sesame St t shirt. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4926
    I'm just about to head across; hopefully arrive just after the queue to get in has gone.
  • Thought about going but unsure about all the exhibitors and how big the event is. Would be after some guitar parts if i did go.
  • MolemanMoleman Frets: 133
    Yamaha77 said:
    Thought about going but unsure about all the exhibitors and how big the event is. Would be after some guitar parts if i did go.
    I attended this show last year and can say that there should be loads of guitar parts available.
  • Moleman said:
    Yamaha77 said:
    Thought about going but unsure about all the exhibitors and how big the event is. Would be after some guitar parts if i did go.
    I attended this show last year and can say that there should be loads of guitar parts available.
    Thanks, I decided to give it a miss. £20 in Fuel and £12 entry has bought me the gotoh bridge I was after anyways. Hope all enjoyed the show would be great to see exhibitor list if it happens next year as that was a deciding factor for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    I’m here, good show as always, lots to see. I’m currently manning the Ivison Guitars stand while Neil has a wander around. So if anyone has cash on them, stop by the stand before he gets back and I’m sure we can do a great deal on one of his guitars!  ;)  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2019
    I've been; it was rather good, but I would've liked some more tabletop bric-a-brack to rummage through. I'd hope to pick up a few things, but it was lean pickings on that front.

I did manage to come home with a Gibson Les Paul Studio; I hadn't planned on that, but was only thinking last week I've never had an LP.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got back.
    The bad , location for me anyway was bad, trying to get across London on a Sunday is always a nightmare.
    Nearly completely missed it as no signs for event outside, inside the paying room, and nowhere inside the racecourse area. 
    The burgers and coffee upstairs were dreadful

The Good.
    Great turn out, very busy, most stall owners very friendly and happy to talk bollocks, chatted to two Guitar Nerds and Johnny Marrs guitar tech, some great guitars, prices were ok but not great.
    A lot to see, lots of variety, some interesting pedal builders. 
    Parking was free.

I'd go again, with ear protection, on the train, if they're running. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    From the POV as an exhibitor....personally I had a great day, the best day I’ve had turnover wise of all the shows I’ve ever exhibited at the last 4 years (when you’re selling pots and harnesses and other low value items it’s not difficult to beat) 

chatted to a few fretboarders which is always nice. Chatted to a few business fretboarders too so good to catch up with the likes of @IvisonGuitars @TateFX @NorthernStomps @FelineGuitars and others

coffee was standard, didn’t try the food. Parking is free. It’s a good show. I also managed to pick up a telecaster...which I’m debating leaving in the boot of the car until tomorrow morning to hide it from Mrs Six String. “It’s a workshop guitar to test circuits” (that’s actually true, but she just doesn’t get it)

good day out and thanks to anyone who popped onto my stand to talk cricket, rugby and guitars. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Good show. As per one/two other comments, there was a bit less of the rummagy-thing going on this time around. But then it's good that the show ebbs and flows in emphasis from year-to-year. I like that unpredictability which keeps the interest high.

For example, Guitars4you managed a very different stand this year, so kudos for keeping it fresh.

Had a great chat with Ivison Guitars; met the SixString crew; came with a view to looking at the acoustics, and left with an electric. GAS hit me hard today. I'll be popping one of my other guitars up for grabs when I get a chance to take some photos and write some blurb. Watch this space.
    Just got back.
    The bad , location for me anyway was bad, trying to get across London on a Sunday is always a nightmare.
    Nearly completely missed it as no signs for event outside, inside the paying room, and nowhere inside the racecourse area. 
    The burgers and coffee upstairs were dreadful

The Good.
    Great turn out, very busy, most stall owners very friendly and happy to talk bollocks, chatted to two Guitar Nerds and Johnny Marrs guitar tech, some great guitars, prices were ok but not great.
    A lot to see, lots of variety, some interesting pedal builders. 
    Parking was free.

I'd go again, with ear protection, on the train, if they're running. 

There was a banner at the main gate off the A308. :-)
  • I had a decent day.  It’s a bit concerning though that the instrument I enjoyed playing the most wasn’t even a guitar or bass! The electric Saz (Turkish stringed instrument) was ace, even though I had no idea how to play it.

Other highlights for me were the Latent Lemon audio pedals, a harmonic percolater type and a Brassmaster type were fun. The Gordon Smiths and Shergolds were up my street too.
    From the POV as an exhibitor....personally I had a great day, the best day I’ve had turnover wise of all the shows I’ve ever exhibited at the last 4 years (when you’re selling pots and harnesses and other low value items it’s not difficult to beat) 

chatted to a few fretboarders which is always nice. Chatted to a few business fretboarders too so good to catch up with the likes of @IvisonGuitars @TateFX @NorthernStomps @FelineGuitars and others

coffee was standard, didn’t try the food. Parking is free. It’s a good show. I also managed to pick up a telecaster...which I’m debating leaving in the boot of the car until tomorrow morning to hide it from Mrs Six String. “It’s a workshop guitar to test circuits” (that’s actually true, but she just doesn’t get it)

good day out and thanks to anyone who popped onto my stand to talk cricket, rugby and guitars. 
    Hi - nice chatting (I bought fancy-taper 4 pots off you).

So, you did find yourself a Tele, then...
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    prowla said:

Hi - nice chatting (I bought fancy-taper 4 pots off you).

So, you did find yourself a Tele, then...
    You too!
    i did, it’s only a squire Tele buts it black which I can’t resist and it will be useful for some upcoming YouTube videos. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader

Sorry I missed you today - Where you upstairs - I barely had a look around today as a constant stream all day for me

Missed Jon @FelineGuitars and only rarely caught Neil @IvisonGuitars early on

Glad you had a good day with parts etc 

I didn't buy a thing which is unusual for me as I normally find some good deals for the shop, but just didn't get a good luck around today, so can't complain