Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New PRS SE Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• Se Mira for £599 seems pretty good. Cool guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2343
    Se Mira for £599 seems pretty good. Cool guitar.

Great price.

It seems they can offer a non-USA version of the S2, with sometimes very similar or better aesthetics (although not sure about QC) with SE pickups, for a lower price.

Re: case - with a £1,000 guitar, I'd want a decent hardcase or at least a high end gig bag. I do think the Silver Skys should come with hardccases at their price point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Once those Miras start hitting the used market at £450 I’ll grab one, otherwise that’s still in used SG Standard or even Core Mira territory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:
    thegummy said:
    Hollowbody II ships with a hardcase. 
    Hate that!

Some people seem to see it as a plus but it's not a free gift from the company, it's included in the price so anyone who already has one or has no need for one has to pay extra for something they don't want.

I think with a Hollowbody such as this, it's probably FAR safer to ship in a hardcase. For that shape and with it being a little more delicate, I would prefer a hardcase. 
    Is it more delicate than all the acoustics that come without a hard case?

Quite shocked they manage to ship acoustics without a hardcase. Must take some extreme packaging. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    thegummy said:
    thegummy said:
    Hollowbody II ships with a hardcase. 
    Hate that!

Some people seem to see it as a plus but it's not a free gift from the company, it's included in the price so anyone who already has one or has no need for one has to pay extra for something they don't want.

I think with a Hollowbody such as this, it's probably FAR safer to ship in a hardcase. For that shape and with it being a little more delicate, I would prefer a hardcase. 
    Is it more delicate than all the acoustics that come without a hard case?

Quite shocked they manage to ship acoustics without a hardcase. Must take some extreme packaging. 
    No idea how they do it.

There must be a lot more delicate things than that shipped from China every day though, right?
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9457
    Has the hollowbody ii got the built in piezo like the core version? I was considering a core one a few months ago and I’ll be having one if it does
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3682
    chris78 said:
    Has the hollowbody ii got the built in piezo like the core version? I was considering a core one a few months ago and I’ll be having one if it does
    I believe not
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11486
    Philly_Q said:
    stonevibe said:
    Presumably the locking tuners are the same as those currently used (only) on the S2s.  Which probably come from Korea anyway.
    Be interested to see the prices on those.  The full fat US ones are a ridiculous price - somewhere around £200.  You can buy a good set of Gotohs for less than half that.  Unless these come in at under the price of a set of Gotohs, I don't see the point in them apart from on a new guitar.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4020
    Quite interested in the Starla at £599, sounds nice on the demo, coil splits sound usable.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    Bermp
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7181
    edited October 2019
    The fact they are now making PRS SE locking tuners was the best bit of news for me.
  • stonevibe said:
    The fact they are now making PRS SE locking tuners was the best bit of news for me.
    I think the Phase IIs have been made in the far-east for quite some time now anyways, it's nice that these are a drop-in fit option now though.
    I see some UK stores listed the Hollowbody II case as a gigbag, unlike the USA. Unless there is a discount or that is a mistake, that's pretty harsh.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I see some UK stores listed the Hollowbody II case as a gigbag, unlike the USA. Unless there is a discount or that is a mistake, that's pretty harsh.
    I would guess it was a mistake since web shops often have mistakes in the specs but seems quite unlikely they'd have the difference for outside America like that.
  • The Starla looks great, I could be seriously tempted when they start to filter through onto the 2nd hand market.

Disappointed that there's no SE Vela though, as that's the one from the S2 line-up that I'd most like to see in the SE line.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    The Starla looks great, I could be seriously tempted when they start to filter through onto the 2nd hand market.

Disappointed that there's no SE Vela though, as that's the one from the S2 line-up that I'd most like to see in the SE line.

you can pick up vela's second hand for diiirt cheap.

@handsome_Chris or @handsomerik or someone else handsome has one up FS now.

• Indeed I do! The vela is incredible value compared to a new SE. I have 3 other full fat core models and the vela is right up there with them. 
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    edited October 2019
  • Nice spot, looks like another limited edition - I wonder if it’s an EU exclusive again?
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

New Holocomb seven string too