Parcelfarce & NGD ruined....

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Lew said:
    Don't worry a Tele wont intonate properly damaged or not.

proper funny.

nice one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    You might need to get some compensation saddles.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
    I won't buy from anyone that uses these crooks. There is a special place in hull reserved for ParcelFarce and ShittyLink
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Green is a bad luck colour...under no circumstances would the wife allow me to buy a green car.

Not sure the same superstition should be applied to guitars though!

Hope you get it sorted and receive a full refund including any shipping costs you incur.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Oh man :( that makes me sad.

Good luck, and hopefully it'll never happen again.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    In all fairness, I do feel sorry for the seller as he will clearly lose out big-time, it's not his fault that Parcelforce were sh*te, maybe he just didn't know. Also, his reply may have been because he thought you were trying a con or something. I can understand why so many people refuse to post instruments these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus;245265" said:
    In all fairness, I do feel sorry for the seller as he will clearly lose out big-time, it's not his fault that Parcelforce were sh*te, maybe he just didn't know. Also, his reply may have been because he thought you were trying a con or something. I can understand why so many people refuse to post instruments these days.
    This is true.

I always use interparcel ups, and I pack anally. Read into that what you will, but I take pics of the packing process and make sure I'm transparent with the buyer. I've even annoyed folk before at how particular I am, but if (for example) my MusicMan landed broken, I'd probably cry for me, the bass and the buyer.

Shit ton of bubble wrap, paper and a big padded box outside the hardcase, then the case padded out inside should cocoon any guitar nicely, but even then it's never a dead cert.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Absolutely gutted for you man but also gutted for seller too as axisus mentioned.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    That's it - I know the guy has fallen on hard times, and also people do try things on - so I'm quite sympathetic but ultimately it's a £1200 guitar and I don't want it in bits.....

I'm about to message him again to sort things out. To his credit he has calmed down from earlier. I just wish he'd packed it a bit better!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Glad to hear he's calmed down a bit. And yeah it sucks for both of you, really. :(

I pack anally.
    WTF
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Is this the case:

Musical instruments will only be covered up to the amount of inclusive compensation for loss or damage which varies per service.

Really???
    £200 max then. Crap.
  • Dave_Mc;245356" said:
    Glad to hear he's calmed down a bit. And yeah it sucks for both of you, really. :(

ThePrettyDamned said:

I pack anally.

WTF
    Read into it what you will.

But I'm very anal about my packaging.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    :))
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72410
    Is this the case:

Musical instruments will only be covered up to the amount of inclusive compensation for loss or damage which varies per service.

Really???
    £200 max then. Crap.
    He's screwed. But he should have read the small print or asked online for advice before being *defrauded* (which in my opinion is what it is) by Parcel Farce. They will happily take your money for the insurance in the full knowledge that it's a musical instrument you're sending and that therefore the insured value does not apply. This is no different to the banks mis-selling PPI or any other form of intentionally selling of a product which doesn't deliver what you've paid for.

It's very sad for him if he was selling the guitar because he needed the money, but it's not your problem. Perhaps the best you can do at this stage is to enquire how much a professional repair will be, if it's even possible - which it may not be without replacing the whole top, if it's shattered the ply internally.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Shows what confidence PF have that your item will arrive in the same condition if left, doesn't it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Van_Hayden;245359" said:
    Is this the case:

Really???
    All true, why someone would send a good guitar without knowing insurance cover in advance I don't know. Sorry to sound harsh but its the sellers problem, not yours.

As above. Don't muddy the water, reject the goods. It IS the seller's responsibility to ensure goods are delivered to you as described.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Totally devastating. You must be heartbroken :-(

Any response from the seller?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Sorry to hear that, it sucks when things like this happen
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com