Parcelfarce & NGD ruined....

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    As I thought, storm in a tea cup!..................Drama Queens!! :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    I once bought a '65 SG from the US and the neck was hanging off when I opened the case. I felt sick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    Good to hear it's resolved.

And while we're on bad packaging I've just remembered I once received a Laney VC30 - all 25-odd kilos of it wrapped with 2 pillowcases and a binliner...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    I made a point of packing it properly before sending it back!

Had an amp in a duvet once, not the cover, an old smelly duvet....it worked quite well!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited June 2014
    Van_Hayden;264949" said:
    I made a point of packing it properly before sending it back!

Had an amp in a duvet once, not the cover, an old smelly duvet....it worked quite well!
    Not sure my OCD could handle that!

I'd have to clean it three times instead of the usual two...

Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Great :-) so what ya gonna get now? Another Gretsch?
    I picked up a 5125 for now...think I need a duo jet though....
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Glad to hear you got it sorted :)

Did the amp work, though?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It did...smelt as the valves warmend up for a few days.....
    :))
  • Had a bass arrive once in it's gig bag - tape round the middle (near the body neck joint and address stuck to the tape. Undamaged, unmarked etc. I guess there may be something to be said for if it is really obvious what it is it might get a bit of care... but it might also get nicked!
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Brought a L6DT50 head from a bloke off ebay and the box he had didn't quite fit the length of the amp so he cunningly selotaped a plastic bag round the end that was sticking out.

Unsurprisingly the plastic bag didn't do the biz as when the courier turned up he picked the box up from the good end and the whole amp just slid out and hit the ground. By some miracle the amp did work but was seriously beat up so compensation and a return.

Bloke I brought it from was a total plank when I suggested it should have been properly boxed up. Can't help some folk

• daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I once received a guitar wrapped in a bin bag.

Was perfect. Go figure.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    This is the reason I won't send anything other Fenders via a courier.

I got caught out on the old forum - I sold a guitar after being persuaded to send it against my wishes. The buyer organised the courier. I packed it to survive a nuclear assault (those of you who have received guitars from me - this was packed even better) and yet the guitar arrived in two bits.

The buyer then tried to claim the money back off me... and succeeded, even though he organised it, had accepted in pre sale emails that he'd have full responsibility and it was all against my wishes.

So now - once bitten twice shy. I don't think the guy has come across to this forum, thankfully.

Sorry to hear of your woes, though. And glad you got it sorted
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    impmann said:    The buyer then tried to claim the money back off me... and succeeded, even though he organised it, had accepted in pre sale emails that he'd have full responsibility and it was all against my wishes.
    That is despicable behaviour, and totally unethical.  It damages your faith in human nature.  I would have thought that once it had reached that stage, then thats what "small claims" are for in the court system, you clearly have contractual proof of change of ownership on collection, and courier arrangements and full responsibility accepted by him.

This is a very interesting and educational thread / discussion, I for one am glad you put it up here Van_Hayden.

I am pleased you got it sorted in the end, and got another guitar, just not quite the same though.
    It is salutary lesson for us all, on human nature, and this culture of rights over responsibilities, as well as the rather casual nature of courier professionalism.

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I've shipped about 4 or 5 guitars with parcelforce before with no trouble, 2 fenders and 2 Les Pauls. I loosen the strings a bit, some foam wrap or bubble wrap if the guitar has movement room in the case, then the case gets bubble wrapped and put in an oversized box.
    Even shipped one to Austria with no issues.

Only issue I had with delivery was an eBay seller who accidentally put the wrong address on it, but opening a dispute made the seller a lot more helpful, and in fairness it was well packaged and had no issues when it did arrive
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • It amazes me that couriers get away with it.

I don't know what they're paid, training or working conditions but something needs to change. I shouldn't have to insure an item I've paid someone to deliver safely. If they fail, they have broken that contract surely?

I'm not a lawyer. Obvs. It's just something that always strikes me as odd, I always insure but I shouldn't have to - it should be implicit in the price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Agreed. I've never had anything broken on me but I'm always much happier once the thing has turned up and I've determined to my satisfaction that it's not broken in half. :))