Going up or down in string gauges? Now general string adventures

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Bringing this back to life. 

For no reason at all tried some Mick Here 10.5-50s Curt Mangan strings on my strat and even I feel the tension more on bends it likes like I am playing faster and more accurately than I was on 10-46. 

Which must say a lot about how cack handed my control and technique are. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    If someone came out with a set that felt like 10s tuned down to Eb when tuned to E, I'd give them a go.

I don't think I've tried 9.5s but IIRC the tension is significantly lower than what I want.
    Try pyramid 10s. They feel like 9s. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    I stepped down from 10s on my Les Paul & flying V style guitars to 9-46 (hybrid set) as I was just not enjoying playing the treble strings from the 10s (should practice more)

However I found that if I tuned down a half step to play tunes by bands that tune like that the 9-46 was too sloppy, yet the alternative that was available of 10-52 was a bit much, so I cooked up a set that was half a set of 10s and half a set of our 11s and found they worked a treat.  Impressed enough to make it part of our string line 

I see someone beat me to it!