Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    ICBM said:
    Funkfingers said:

Perhaps, it is time for Fender to resurrect the Princeton Recording Amp (or something quite like it)
    but massively less ugly and looking less like a DIY bodge with a 19" rack unit hacked into the front of a perfectly good amp.

:)
    I’ve just been having a bit of a read up and listen to these, apart from the aesthetics it seems and sounds like a pretty nice little amp. I never knew they existed until now, you learn something new every day!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14470
    For anyone who is interested, here is Paul White's SOS review of the PRA.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/fender-princeton

ICBM said:
    Funkfingers said:

Perhaps, it is time for Fender to resurrect the Princeton Recording Amp (or something quite like it)
    but massively less ugly and looking less like a DIY bodge with a 19" rack unit hacked into the front 
    I dare say that there are people on this forum who could whip out the Fender effects PCB and build something better of their own devising to fit the slot.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14470
    TANGENTIAL UPDATE

Earlier this week, I had a go on the TMPR's larger brother, the Tone Master Twin Amp. Pretty much the same but louder. Much louder. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    Well, I bought one today - I’m only interested in it as a lightweight, clean sound, pedal platform and it seems to do that rather well. I’ll gig it on Sunday and have a more informed opinion after that. In fairness the shop has said if I don’t like it they will take it back. 
    @downbytheriver after a bit longer with the tone master do you still like it as much?
  • munckee said:
    Well, I bought one today - I’m only interested in it as a lightweight, clean sound, pedal platform and it seems to do that rather well. I’ll gig it on Sunday and have a more informed opinion after that. In fairness the time being  shop has said if I don’t like it they will take it back. 
    @downbytheriver after a bit longer with the tone master do you still like it as much?
    Well, obviously gigging has taken a bit of a back seat for the time being but yes I like it just as much, perhaps more. I’ve sold my Vibrolux and I will sell my (brand new) Pro Junior too. I keep a couple of Blues Juniors as spares but the DR TM buries them for Tone! 

Ive taken to using a valve preamp as the last pedal on my board and this has lifted the set up to the point where it is genuinely the best tone I’ve ever had (including my Lazy J, Victoria, Vibrolux etc). 

You might say I’m quite enthusiastic. I still haven’t tried the DI with Emulation but hopefully I’ll get a chance soon. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    I don't gig but play at home and jam.  I figured fender amp with tremolo and reverb and variable power would be ideal amp.  Katana didn't fit the description.  I have a super champ x 2 which is great but I don't use most of its toys I'm looking for a great clean sound, and ideally some break up at home volume - and not loads of money invested in it so I don't worry about transporting it to jams.

I just need to go and try one, oh wait : )
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I just jumped on the Twin version which had been reduced down to £740 (delivered) in the GV sale!  It does everything I remember my TRRI doing, plus is much more usable due to the weight, power scaling etc.  I think this will take care of all my large-stage gigs and recording needs from now on.  That emulated XLR out sounds great.  And it still does my head in that this thing weighs about the same as a Princeton!

@downbytheriver what preamp are you using, out of interest?  I love the base tone anyway, but I might like to mix things up a bit.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1049
    edited April 2020
    Trude said:

@downbytheriver what preamp are you using, out of interest?  I love the base tone anyway, but I might like to mix things up a bit.
    Tubesteaders Beekeeper. Supposedly a Dumblesque thing - I wouldn’t know having never played a Dumble, however it does do a very nice valvey Tone! 

As seen in the picture (don’t be fooled by pedal positions - it’s not in a loop and is after the MS3.