Polarizing filters?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    The filter has enhanced the scene in the following areas:-

1. The clouds are more defined and the sky blue pops out. 

2. The bottom one-third of the third picture has much more clarity.

I'm sure that you will learn to find the sweet spot with some experimenting.

Good work!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3517
    rocktron said:
    The filter has enhanced the scene in the following areas:-

1. The clouds are more defined and the sky blue pops out. 

2. The bottom one-third of the third picture has much more clarity.

I'm sure that you will learn to find the sweet spot with some experimenting.

Good work!!!
    Thank you, I can see that it may make the photos look over processed but not necessarily in a bad way, I tend to over process anyway but it does give a better image to begin with , as you say I just need to find the sweet spot.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Good that you had some blue skies at the weekend Rob. You've made a good start with that filter. The more you experiment the more uses you will find for it but if it has one overriding quality it is to add clarity to your sooc images. It works just as well for B&W images too so not just for deep blue skies :) We'll look forward to seeing more from you.

BTW I really like your candle image submitted for the monthly competition B)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3517
    Jimbro66 said:
    Good that you had some blue skies at the weekend Rob. You've made a good start with that filter. The more you experiment the more uses you will find for it but if it has one overriding quality it is to add clarity to your sooc images. It works just as well for B&W images too so not just for deep blue skies :) We'll look forward to seeing more from you.

BTW I really like your candle image submitted for the monthly competition B)
    Thankyou. I am looking forward to experimenting more with it now, I just wish I lived somewhere that wasn't so bland outside, Suffolk is basically fields and flatness. I feel a day trip coming on!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.