Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Katie Price declared bankrupt

What's Hot

Comments

• CloudNine said:

Slightly different - I saw that the chp who won the £105,000,000 lottery the other week has gone public.
    I really don't understand that. The hassle they will now get will be enormous. Newly found mates asking for stuff, old flames, 100 begging letters a week etc

If I ever won that sort of money I wouldn't even tell my own kids until they were adult.
    The reason that pretty much everyone goes public with such large wins, is that they are advised to do so on the basis that there is 100% ZERO chance that you will remain anonymous anyway. Press will find out easy enough, you can't hide that kind of thing, work colleagues. friends of friends etc. Probably people who are jealous and want to blow them up. It cannot be hidden. Camelot will manage the whole press element and give them what they want, in the hope that it avoids people hanging round outside the house etc. and gets it done in one big hit.

If you dont plan to spend any at all, and just stick it in the bank, then maybe you might stand a chance.
    I can't find it on the net, but there was that young lad in Scotland who won £3.2 million-ish (forget the exact figure), and all he bought was a bungalow for his disabled dad. Iirc, he killed himself after apparently being hounded by gold diggers who would camp on his lawn and harass him for money every time he went out or came home.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    set up a charity and give 80% of the winnings away   only way I can think of surviving that kind of shock to system
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4172
    edited November 2019
    Jalapeno said:

From all the telly she's done she seems a genuinely nice person, but a huge princess with it when it comes to relationships (and cosmetic surgery). 
    She was on the Frank Skinner show years ago, when she was just pregnant with her first (that's Harvey isn't it I think?) and it was a genuinely jaw-dropping piece of TV. By the end of the interview I just wanted to give her a big cuddle and make sure she was ok; she was like a little scared kid in a woman's body, who wanted to be loved and accepted. Not too savvy though: there was a point where Frank asked her about contraception. Her reply was "I can't help it if the man won't pull out, can I?". Frank looked utterly aghast and you could almost hear the entire audience gasp in amazement
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • She was on the Frank Skinner show years ago, when she was just pregnant with her first (that's Harvey isn't it I think?) and it was a genuinely jaw-dropping piece of TV. By the end of the interview I just wanted to give her a big cuddle and make sure she was ok; she was like a little scared kid in a woman's body, who wanted to be loved and accepted.
    That's pretty much how I've always thought of her, whilst at the same time being repelled by some of the more outlandish behaviour. Despite her occasional successes, she's had a rough time of it.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    I met her once. Cretinous gobshite. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • A bit like lots of bands really. Who has been advising her and just how much have they taken?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    She made a fortune out of being the nation's favourite orange spunkbucket. Some serious mismanagement to spaff that much money
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    mgaw said:
    set up a charity and give 80% of the winnings away   only way I can think of surviving that kind of shock to system
    When I have a fantasy moment about it I imagine quietly paying off the mortgage but not actually spending money on flashy things for a year.

If I needed a new car - still pick something a couple of years old, pay off the credit cards and any loans.

I'm self employed and work at home so I could even quit work and nobody would need to notice, I'm here all the time anyway so it's not like anything would change there. I wear the same old shit all the time anyway and only put a suit on if I'm meeting clients. Nobody round here would notice the difference between a M&S suit and a Savile Row one!

One of my brother's friends is a Wealth Manager who admins money for people with large bank accounts, and from what I gather for people who have suddenly come into money, whether lottery or inheritance etc doesn't matter, is to pick something of about £5000 you'd never have dreamed of owning and buy that. And nothing else for a year. Don't even quit the job if you can. Just get used to the idea that you are financially safe. Then spend that year writing notes of all the things you might want to do with it, and over the course of the year decide which ones are sensible and which ones are not.

Seems to be a good approach. I wonder how possible it is in reality though - in 1 week going from wondering whether the job will still be there to being able to buy a jet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Why no sympathy for her alcohol addiction ? Fucking difficult to get over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    I would go into panic mode if I won a massive amount of money. Would be nice to help a few people out and travel, beyond that I don't really need anything. I'd be worried about just getting stuff for the sake of it and being left feeling totally hollow. Luckily my wife has her head screwed on money wise. What am I saying, I don't even do the lottery!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Chintzy mock Tudor country pile, banana yellow Lamborghini and KFC every night.

You can't buy class so I wouldn't bother trying. 
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Really sad to see everything went tits up for her.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, Katie Price - one of those rare people who has written more books than she has read. Six autobiographies, no doubt she’s now planning number seven.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I would take the media- propagated estimation of her zenith wealth of £45 m with a large cellar of Salt for a start although I'm sure there was a time when she was more than comfortable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Kilgore said:
    Chintzy mock Tudor country pile, banana yellow Lamborghini and KFC every night.

Man . . . That would do me 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    octatonic said:
    It is almost as though having a lack of discernible skills, talent or intelligence is a barrier to long term financial success.

that must be why I'm always skint
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1286
    Katie Price? I had to google her.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095

As a very gauche but very rich friend of mine says......."Better Nouveau Riche .....than Never Rich "
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Katie Price has her knockers but I like her.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    Crazy isn’t it? I saw an advert for a programme (that I think I missed) about lottery winners who did the same thing and I can’t help but think that having that much money is a recipe for misery. Mind you, Botox isn’t on my Christmas list.
    presumably you prefer the reliced look?

;-)