Kitchen mystery - installing dishwasher

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Seems like a "Get a man in" situation to me - to cap off the heating pipes (I agree that's what they look like @steveb), and to lay on H&C and drain for dishwasher.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    edited November 2019
    Sounds like too much hassle really. And it all meant to be an easy job! Really wanted to avoid hiring someone, was already quoted 90 quid just for fitting the dishwasher in cupboard space and connecting it  to water supply and waste outlet, something I can do myself easily and now this - probably same if not higher amount of cash to get rid of those pipes.
    Another reason to move, something we were considering for quite a while, especially now when another baby Gee is about to join us in June and missus is threatening me I will have to give up my mancave. Never!;)
    Thanks again for all advice.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4841
    edited November 2019
    You could just leave them where they are, they're probably too low to effect the dishwasher going into the space. Plus they've caused you no issues so far and you didn't even know they were there.

Then just splice into your cold water supply under the sink, (most, if not all washers and dishwashers are cold fill only these days due to getting low energy use certification). Then fit a spigot waste for the dishwasher. Easy enough to do yourself with a compression fitting. Then if you do move just take the dishwasher with you. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27611
    KrisGee said:
    Sounds like too much hassle really. And it all meant to be an easy job! Really wanted to avoid hiring someone, was already quoted 90 quid just for fitting the dishwasher in cupboard space and connecting it  to water supply and waste outlet, something I can do myself easily and now this - probably same if not higher amount of cash to get rid of those pipes.
    Another reason to move, 

Moving might be slightly more expensive, and just a little more hassle, than getting  those pipes dealt with
    ;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    It's true but this just adds to the list of reasons to move. We didn't have two kids when we moved in 5 years ago ;)
  • KrisGee said:
    It's true but this just adds to the list of reasons to move. We didn't have two kids when we moved in 5 years ago ;)
    I gave up my mancave to my first daughter.  We moved pretty quickly after that
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72419
    KrisGee said:
    I gave up my mancave to my first daughter.  We moved pretty quickly after that
    I gave up mine to my second daughter. After that we built an extension with a purpose-designed mancave on the ground floor :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited November 2019
    Decided to install it even further away and use 3.5m extension hoses available as spares from most dishwasher manufacturers. I've got another space available for it I didn't think about using as it's quite far from water supply but from what I've read there's nothing against this so hopefully it'll end this nightmare.