Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

10 Top PRS....or not?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited December 2019
    It is harder to see flame in a dark stain like that then i would not pay more to get a 10-top in that colour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Haych said:

C'mon, the only audience members who care about what your guitar looks like are other guitarists!
    Actually you couldn't be more wrong about that...

Every time I've used a Rickenbacker guitar at a gig, I've been complimented on it by a woman - some of them even young and attractive. It can't be me or my playing :).

Eh? Not a guitarist but a woman? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited December 2019
    I own a ten top. But it’s just a decorative thing. I’ve also owned a solid colour PRS, which I wish they’d do more of. If you bond with a guitar, then it’s the best one for you. 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5639
    All this PRS talk has got me gassing for another and I don’t even like them that much. 

I do think they look better in a solid colour though. Black or white with faux binding wins for me, but they’re quite rare in comparison with bling tops and birds. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22920
    Haych said:
    I do think they look better in a solid colour though. Black or white with faux binding wins for me, but they’re quite rare in comparison with bling tops and birds. 

I've got (another) McCarty in all black, with just the fake binding showing. 

I kind of wish it had a black top and a natural back - although I'm ambivalent about figured maple tops, I do like to see the mahogany on the back!