Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cheese Evening Suggestions!?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Lodious said:
    This is lovely....

https://cropwellbishopstilton.co.uk/our-range/beauvale/

pretty much everything they make is lovely.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. They make the best Stilton, and the Beauvale is the equal  to any continental soft blue cheese. Apart from one or two I haven't been able to find an equivalent for (Delice de Bourgoine, Jarslberg, the softer of the Gorgonzolas), there is absolutely nothing Britain does, cheese-wise, that isn't the equal/better of continental cheeses. We should support our food artisans, and cheese they excel at.

Adam

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Lodious said:
    This is lovely....

https://cropwellbishopstilton.co.uk/our-range/beauvale/

pretty much everything they make is lovely.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. They make the best Stilton, and the Beauvale is the equal  to any continental soft blue cheese. Apart from one or two I haven't been able to find an equivalent for (Delice de Bourgoine, Jarslberg, the softer of the Gorgonzolas), there is absolutely nothing Britain does, cheese-wise, that isn't the equal/better of continental cheeses. We should support our food artisans, and cheese they excel at.

Adam

• fob said:
    Some Casu Marzu will sort the men out from the boys.

What the F#"@ !?!?
    Blllleeuurrgghhhhh one of the sickest things I've ever seen lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    I've got some cheese from the Italian supermarket in Maidenhead: torta di Gorgonzola and one which is coated in grapes.
    I rather like Doriano crackers (salted, not the herby ones).
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    Dyslexia kicked in. I thought the thread was Chess Evening Suggestions, I couldn't wait to suggest the Accelerated Dragon :-(
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    Too late obvs but in case others are in a similar predicament - it’s Vacherin season right now. A French soft cheese that is only released annually around Christmas, it’s a thing of wonder. Slightly stinky to sniff but doesn’t taste at all like that, it’s just awesome. It’s great fresh but ripens quickly after purchase too. Mont D’Or are the major producer - bigger Waitroses sometimes have it but if not any good cheesemonger or speciality French grocer will have it. The French stall in Borough Market across from the Ginger Pig butchers sells them for £11.50. Highly recommend!