Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Swings and roundabouts

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    SNAKEBITE said:

It's personal pride.

All this "society has changed", "People are under so much more pressure" etc is bollocks.

Manners cost nothing and only improve the quality of life of everyone.

Recently I have found that people are shocked if you smile at them (not in a creepy type of way!), you step aside to let them through and you get no acknowledgement, all the small things that were drummed into me as a kid seem to have gone by the wayside.

Yeah, it bothers me, but I will continue to do them as I would feel like I have failed if I were to stop. I feel as though I would have let my grandparents and parents down, the people who taught me to do the right thing.

My thinking too.  

But while an old person does not have an automatic right to a seat on a train or whatever, a young fit person ought to give up their seat to same older person.  Without needing to be asked.  It is a sad reality that we get aches and pains as we get older.  Even people in the prime of their life will feel the pains when they reach a certain age.  Aging is part of living.  
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In Japan when I offer my seat to elderly people, they politely decline. Don't know if that's coz I'm a honky or because they'd rather stand and actually they don't feel old at all and they might even feel insulted by my suggestion that they need to sit down.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom