Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So my Belle Epoch Deluxe order cancelled - Volante bought. Am now overwhelmed.

What's Hot

Comments

• Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Hehe ok ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    I think if someone offered me a Belle Epoch Deluxe and £150 right now I'd go for it. 

Naughty tempting daft Wazmeister like that =)
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    This is what led to me getting the Dawner Prince Boonar, I just want four buttons to press and no screens!
    The Dawner Prince Boonar is the other option I'm considering... for much same reasons 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    soma1975 said:
    I think if someone offered me a Belle Epoch Deluxe and £150 right now I'd go for it. 

Naughty tempting daft Wazmeister like that =)

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    VJIves said:
    This is what led to me getting the Dawner Prince Boonar, I just want four buttons to press and no screens!
    It hasn't got a screen. It's got a lot of fucking buttons though!

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2019
    Right. Have screenshotted some settings from good sounding demos and inputted and saved them as presets to get me started. 

No getting around it, the pedal sounds incredible. 

Even the simple single head delays where you think a cheaper offering could do just as good a job, it can't. This does it better. It does everything better. 

Now is it worth £400? 

Well it's the first pedal I have owned that rates its power in TFLOPS on its website. I can't think of a delay sound it can't turn it's hand to. The sound on sound stuff is insane for people more creative than me. Oscillation works well. Not plugged an expression pedal into it yet. 

I love the spring reverb on it and now have a preset of just that with no delay, saving me the space and price of a pedal. 

If you make money from music then deffo worth it. 

I do not make money from music. 

Absolutely cannot justify it. But it made me smile today. 

I think it's a keeper. For now. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's simultaneously exactly what I wanted to hear and exactly what I didn't want to hear.  Schrödinger's Pedal...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • this video is directed at myself...As I like probably most of you want to plug in a pedal and make music, so here's what I know so far....Limited obv!
    Cheers @JohnCordy. ; I was watching one of your videos on my TV when you posted this so now it feels unsettling and like  if I looked outside you might also be in one of my bushes. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Something that I don’t really understand about Dan from That Pedal Show is that he seems to no problem getting down and dirty with the relatively complicated user interfaces on Strymon pedals yet dismisses something like the Helix, which has the most user-friendly interface of probably any bit of gear I have encountered, because it is too much for him. 
    I think it's more that the Helix sounds dogshit* and he's just being diplomatic about why they don't feature that stuff on the show. 

* Other opinions may vary

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @soma1975 whereabouts do you live? what street...
    As if you don't know! Great vid many thanks. 

• soma1975 said:
    I think it's more that the Helix sounds dogshit* and he's just being diplomatic about why they don't feature that stuff on the show. 

* Other opinions may vary
    How dare you!

I did say in the other volante thread that the Helix delay's don't blow me away.   Actually, I quite like the way they sound, especially the tape delay.  However, I miss my more interactive delays, Memory Lane Junior, Boss DM2W etc.
    I find the helix feels a bit like it adds a 2 dimensional delay sound to your dry tone, whereas some delay's feel like instruments in their own right.  This is why the Volante interests me, I need to try one.
    Oh yeah you could easily kill a few hours at a time playing the Volante and tweaking and messing. 

• @soma1975 ;

Here's my thought process on the pedal.

1. Decide if I want dirty. If so... drum mode. If only a bit... tape. If not... studio.
    2. Dial in the record level using a big power chord.
    3. Turn the spring off completely for now. Turn the echo level up to the point where I like the balance.
    4. Mess around with the head selectors, find a cool rhythm.
    5. Turn repeats up to just before it starts to get mushy.
    6. Turn the low-cut to just before the point where the delay tone loses it's low end.
    7. mechanics to noon. If it sounds bad, then 9 o'clock.
    8. Add as much spring as I can handle.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Lovely stuff. 

• razorblade_beatrazorblade_beat Frets: 56
    edited December 2019
    I too the plunge and to be honest I think the layout is really user friendly, its like a cross between the el cap and a dig. If you could actually see the secondary functions on the el cap it would look similar.

I bought it thinking I was gonna have to sit for ages figuring it out and its by far the easiest larger style delay pedal to navigate and get sounds out of quickly. I love how hands on it is and that there's no menus.

One thing I do personally with every pedal is go through each knob turning to both extremes then listen to what it does to the sound, names of knobs can just make things confusing for me so if I hear a knob is changing the modulation then in my head it becomes a modulation knob instead of 'mechanics' knob for example which could send you down all sorts of unnecessary paths of confusion. 

I LOVE the delay and feedback buttons, seriously well thought out...beats trying to figure out ratios and scrolling on the timeline! panning option is super cool too!

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    John_A said:
    Or a Boss DD-3 ;)
    Many a true word... and all that, but I went back to a DD-3 about a year ago and its simplicity has been liberating.  I kind of still feel a bit unhappy that something so simple works best for me.