General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• froglordfroglord Frets: 51
    Anyone here played Hades? I'm mildly obsessed with it. Greek metal soundtrack, cartoon graphics, good writing, endlessly replayable. What's not to like?

It's also got possibly the best difficulty curve of any game I've ever played. You just get better and better and better at it. What once seemed impossible becomes easy, but the game rises to the challenge by throwing ever more difficult stuff at you. The sense of accomplishment is brilliant.

I wasn't sure when I bought it that it was my type of game. It bloomin' well is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11901

I have, finished it too. The cycle/loop of the gameplay is very clever. You just want one more attempt. Either from testing out your new buff, or trying a new weapon style or just see what the 1st drop is and then seeing how that goes. Before I know it I’ve done another run.

Can easily sit there and play 3, 4 hours without thinking.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27173
    I haven't played Hades but have seen it mentioned by basically everyone as being great, including many on here last year. 

I did get the new version of The Stanley Parable overnight. Not played yet but I understand it won every creative award going the first time around, and it's better if you don't know anything about it before you start. So, I guess don't tell me about it if you've played it?!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7297
    Hades is by far my least favourite supergiant games game. Im not a big fan of having to replay the same content over and over again. I also think possibly the weakest soundtrack too. Bastion's is unbelivable!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • froglordfroglord Frets: 51
    Hades is by far my least favourite supergiant games game. Im not a big fan of having to replay the same content over and over again. I also think possibly the weakest soundtrack too. Bastion's is unbelivable!

Interesting ... I've just bought Pyre on the cheap (Playstation special offer). I had this idea that I'd work my way through all of Supergiant's games
    Pyre is a bit of an odd one. Not really sure if I really liked it that much but it kept me coming back until I finished it, unlike Hades. Bastion and Transistor are kinda in a different tier for me though. 

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    tFB Trader
    I haven't played Hades but have seen it mentioned by basically everyone as being great, including many on here last year. 

I did get the new version of The Stanley Parable overnight. Not played yet but I understand it won every creative award going the first time around, and it's better if you don't know anything about it before you start. So, I guess don't tell me about it if you've played it?!

Hades is superb!

I also got Dead Cells, which is sort of the same thing, but as a platformer, but just couldn't get into it in the same way.

The Stanley Parable is something you will either love, or find a complete waste of time as it's an extremely meta "non game" 

Disagree on this one. Hades is my favorite of their games. Enjoyed Bastion, but didn't love it.
    I've had Transistor on my to-play list for multiple years. I believe I even have it on Switch and PS but have never played it. 

Maybe that'll be next on my to-play list after HFW and SP

The Stanley Parable is something you will either love, or find a complete waste of time as it's an extremely meta "non game" 

I played a couple of hours last night. I love it so far. I'm confused but having fun

Hades is superb!

I also got Dead Cells, which is sort of the same thing, but as a platformer, but just couldn't get into it in the same way.

Disagree on this one. Hades is my favorite of their games. Enjoyed Bastion, but didn't love it.
    I guess Bastion and Transistor have kind of a more curated progression experience that is tightly coupled to the story which is kind of the opposite of Hades and pure. I thought that this allowed them to make really excellent use of music though and obv transistor also has a fairly unique mechanic.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 994
    Just noticed some YouTube video reviews of the Steam Deck are now appearing

https://youtu.be/6am571umvBU

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    duotone said:
    Just noticed some YouTube video reviews of the Steam Deck are now appearing

https://youtu.be/6am571umvBU

They've been slowly appearing since launch - presumably based on when people have actually been able to get their hands on one.  I don't think Valve were overly generous with review units with only the huge channels (Linus Tech Tips etc) getting them at launch.  Everyone else has had to wait for their pre-order to come through.

General consensus seems to be that it's pretty great with a few niggles that, hopefully, can be sorted by software updates.

My pre-order is still showing as Q3 and I still intend to go through with it when I finally get the email.  Can't say I'm as excited about it as I was when it was announced though.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    edited June 2022
    I'm Q2 so where the fuck is it???? lol 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Well, they've still got until the end of the month.

As long as get mine before the end of the year I'll be happy.  Past that point I might start looking at some of the alternatives. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28650
    I'm not sure I'll go for mine. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 994
    What’s making you chaps change your mind? Cheaper/better alternatives being released soon?
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3698
    Legend of Zelda - Link’s Awakening on Switch.

Just wow!   A perfect update/reimagining to one of my great early gaming experiences.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28650
    duotone said:
    What’s making you chaps change your mind? Cheaper/better alternatives being released soon?
    More a pondering if if I'll use it much. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269

Just wow!   A perfect update/reimagining to one of my great early gaming experiences.
    Yea it was good. The Skyward Sword remake was super clunky though. 
    edited June 2022

Yea it was good. The Skyward Sword remake was super clunky though. 
    Just following the originals then. Link’s Awakening is one of the all time great Gameboy games, and Skyward Sword is easily the worst 3D Zelda 

id really appreciate an HD release of Wind Waker on Switch as it’s the only main console Zelda I’ve never played