General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27358
    PCR says not covid! But I still feel like shit :(

Anyhoo, I’ve been on Returnal for maybe 3 hours and enjoying it so far. I’m not sure I understand what’s going on but it’s enjoyable in a shooty-splody very “video game” kind of way
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ok, I just found the house. Returnal is WEIRD. 

I also just got an email from Nintendo saying Portal & Portal 2 are now on the eshop. I've been wanting to replay those for years, so they'll be downloading very shortly :)
    Well that’s Portal (1) completed again. It’s not long or even particularly difficult but man is it great. 

Portal 2 next. I can’t wait
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28862
    I'm on Fable 2 on Xbox and Trailmakers on Steam Deck. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10350
    Sporky said:
    I'm on Fable 2 on Xbox and Trailmakers on Steam Deck. 
    How's the Deck then after a couple of weeks of ownership? 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28862
    Pretty good actually. Runs Wreckfest nicely. It's like a Switch with a much better software library. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17705
    tFB Trader
    Ok, I just found the house. Returnal is WEIRD. 

I also just got an email from Nintendo saying Portal & Portal 2 are now on the eshop. I've been wanting to replay those for years, so they'll be downloading very shortly :)

Super annoying because I've promised my kids I'll buy it when it comes out but I've just bought Stardew Valley in the sale (which is awesome btw)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 998
    This week I’ve been mostly playing Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins (GameBoy) on the Retroid Pocket 2+.
    I never had it when I owned a GameBoy as a kid, although a friend did, so I do remember some of the levels.
  • Past week I’ve finished Guitar Hero 1 and 2 on PS2, I can only manage it on medium difficulty now. I also have Rock Band 1 and 2 to do. 

Also been playing NES Open Tournament Golf on the NES, Mario Golf  and Pokémon Snap on the N64
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1006
    edited June 2022
    well i just did something stupid and bought eldin ring (i am an old gamer but a rubbish one). 

difficult games and me don't go together well.

any advice you could give us as where to start would be most helpful.

i literally just have gone outside the beginning building you start at and then died a few times because some messages said jump down to a secret area (so not even met my first enemy yet lol).

i want to play as a samurai character from the choices but wonder if that is a bad choice for a numpty tbh.

thanks in advance :-)

ps i bought the game as the world itself looked pretty amazing and it does look very nice even on my old xb1 fat system i have to say (from what little i have seen of it so far/very little :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11969
    well i just did something stupid and bought eldin ring (i am an old gamer but a rubbish one). 

i literally just have gone outside the beginning building you start at and then died a few times because some messages said jump down to a secret area (so not even met my first enemy yet lol).

i want to play as a samurai character from the choices but wonder if that is a bad choice for a numpty tbh.

ps i bought the game as the world itself looked pretty amazing and it does look very nice even on my old xb1 fat system i have to say (from what little i have seen of it so far/very little :-)
    Mage (wizard) build is the easiest way to play.
    Go farm and farm to level up before moving onto the next part of the story.
    Be OVER POWERED on everytihng...

The first boss in the game call Margit, most people tackle him at level 30 or so, I went in at level 95.  I see people at level 30 who is not good at Elden Ring tried him for hours...I beat him first try, took 4 hits from my magic spells.  He JUST reached me from where he started in the fight when he was hit with the last spell and dropped dead.

That makes it easy to the point that it kinda breaks the game...you can ease back on it and go in between.

Plenty of guides on YouTube if you search "first thing to do in Elden Ring" or "Early game level up quickly" etc or "Early game farming spots"
    thanks for the tips @RaymondLin ; will definitely try those :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

thanks for the tips @RaymondLin ; will definitely try those :-)
    Pick the Golden Seed as your starting item for an extra flask, which means more health.
    edited June 2022
    Am loving Portal 2. It's 11(?) years old and still holds up. They should do a full-fat 120fps 4K RTX remaster for modern systems and I'd happily buy it again. They won't. But they should
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 880

@racefaceec90 ;Stick to Limgrave at first and die a lot. Explore all the little areas. There’s loads of good stuff hiding away. A few hours in, head south and clear out everything in the weeping peninsula.

You’ll soon grasp it. It’s not that hard, you are just underpowered to start off. 

Don’t worry about what class you want, you get to respec it all about 1/3rd of the way through the game. 

Bugger all is explained to start with, but that’s the beauty of it. It will all fall in to place incrementally
    @musteatbrain thanks for the tips also.

i got my arse handed to us by the first boss type soldier in the beginning bit lol(after going through the fog bit). am going to restart as the samurai character (had tried the mage type character).

i will def keep playing this game as it does look a great world to explore and i want to finally try and play a dark souls type game.

When you arrive at the cave at the start...jump down, there is a tutorial section, before you exit the cave (which is a tomb).

You will see there is a Gold guy on a gold horse, you are not meant to fight him right then, but you can...some streamer actually managed to beat him straight away, only took him 5 hours!

I cheesed him by standing on something high up where he can't reach me and threw magic stones at him.
    ah not that boss (haven't seen that one but i think you mean theres one below the ledge bridge). it was the soldier boss a bit later on (looks like a roman centurion) in a small cave between 2 exits with fog.

ah not that boss (haven't seen that one but i think you mean theres one below the ledge bridge). it was the soldier boss a bit later on (looks like a roman centurion) in a small cave between 2 exits with fog.

a lot of bosses in Elden Ring are optional, there are only 12 mandatory bosses in the whole game and about 150 total, some are repeated.
    ah thanks @RaymondLin ;