General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11979
    ah thanks @RaymondLin ;
    Yeah, if you find yourself under leveled, and want to run away...and if you can, do it.  Come back later, stronger.  Don't force yourself spending 5 hours to beat a boss when you can go level up in 2 and beat him in 2 mins.

The latter is a much better use of time, it's not the traditional way to play Soulborne games to the purist but IMO a smarter use of time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 880
    And roll. Definitely learn to roll. If your character has anything more than a medium load, you are probably not going to get out of the way
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10357
    Abandoned the last boss in the end. I'll go back to it. Bloody thing. 
  • Ryu got some heavy lifting to do this week.. Talk about pushing 16bit hardware boundaries thanks to some jiggery pokery in the cart. Polygontastic 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1006
    @RaymondLin ; ha i just realized who the enemy is that you were on about. i just finally exited the starting area into the big bad world of the game. am too afraid to do anything atm so will be sneaking (a lot :-D
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

edited July 2022
    @RaymondLin ;;; ha i just realized who the enemy is that you were on about. i just finally exited the starting area into the big bad world of the game. am too afraid to do anything atm so will be sneaking (a lot :-D
    Come back to him when you are level 100 and you will blow him away in about 3 hits.

Otherwise you need to learn to roll, rolling is your friend.  Each enemy has attack patterns, if you learn them you can pretty much do the whole game without getting hit (there are YouTube videos on that, no hit or no death run),  There is a channel call Bushy Games where the guy do some crazy things like

1 - Finish the game using only your mouth
    2 - Finish the game without using the inventory
    3 - Finish the game without getting hit/dying once
    4 - Finish the game at lvl 1
    5 - Finish the game using only weapons that you can buy
    6 - Finish the game without using the Grace
    7 - Finish the game with only kicking
    8 - Beat every boss with just 1 hit (if you know how to do this, it makes the game hilariously easy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7306
    @RaymondLin ; ha i just realized who the enemy is that you were on about. i just finally exited the starting area into the big bad world of the game. am too afraid to do anything atm so will be sneaking (a lot :-D
    Go find the guy pretending he's a tree.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    to show how bad at the game i am i didn't know how to change between arrow types for my samurai character (had to google it).

i am definitely going to persevere with the game though as it does look amazing the world (and i am playing it on an original xb1 console).

i also accidentally keep pressing the use potion button so have to keep reloading lol.

i will shut up now as i don't want to start hogging this thread but thanks for all the tips i will def use them :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

@racefaceec90 don't worry, I had to Google how to run and how to get off the horse quickly. R3.
    well i thought i would report back. 

have been grinding that boulder a lot and am now currently level 19 in all attributes where you can level up (about level 70 atm)

have just descended down into siofra river from that blinking huge lift descent and man am blown away how big it is (reminds me of blackreach in skyrim in a way).

am very scared atm lol but man this game is fantastic (seriously it looks great on my old fat xb1 console and runs pretty well too). 

i hope to get better at the game and not die quite so much as i have (no chance i know lol).

just an awesome game :-)

have been grinding that boulder a lot and am now currently level 19 in all attributes where you can level up (about level 70 atm)

have just descended down into siofra river from that blinking huge lift descent and man am blown away how big it is (reminds me of blackreach in skyrim in a way).

am very scared atm lol but man this game is fantastic (seriously it looks great on my old fat xb1 console and runs pretty well too). 

i hope to get better at the game and not die quite so much as i have (no chance i know lol).

If you want to grind, after the boulder, not far from there actually, just before, is that open area with those little black dudes and they give about 1100 runes each.  

But try to get to the “big bird farming spot” as soon as you can because the bird drops 13k each time and you can do as much as like 4 times in a minute.

If you want to grind, after the boulder, not far from there actually, just before, is that open area with those little black dudes and they give about 1100 runes each.  

But try to get to the “big bird farming spot” as soon as you can because the bird drops 13k each time and you can do as much as like 4 times in a minute.
    ah thanks @RaymondLin will try that :-) 

am still absolutely terrible at combat with anything bigger than your general soldier at that ruin base at start of the game (seriously i have died more times than i can count to just about everything).

but the game is fantastic (the atmosphere and the game world and all the creatures etc within). 

• So, I completed elden ring and, despite loving it to the end of the world and back, I think it might be one of the weaker soulsborne games.

By the mid-point, bosses were too... Anime? I don't know. Too ridiculous, lots of roll-spamming, lots of huge attacks needed from the player.

I felt like levelling and gear were very important, and I've not really felt that in previous titles. Not surprising, given the open world, but I suppose I just prefer the other games a tiny bit more.

Still one of the most impressive games ever. Can't wait to play it again and find loads of stuff I missed! 
    edited July 2022
    I don't feel like gear was that important aside from the weapons. I had shocking armour throughout the game and never felt like I needed to upgrade or spend the hours grinding to be able to wear higher level armour. Roll and jump is just as good as any armour!

While I get what you mean, the scope of this game, the tiny things that you find, the detail. Personally I think it's gotta be in the conversation for best games of all time. While Bloodbourne was good, imo its not really in the same league as this game. 
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 880
    It’s certainly up there in my top 5. I’m having a break from it whilst I try and gold all the circuit experiences on Gran turismo 7, but it’s definitely a game to get lost in. I’m well over 100 hours in to it
  • I don't feel like gear was that important aside from the weapons. I had shocking armour throughout the game and never felt like I needed to upgrade or spend the hours grinding to be able to wear higher level armour. Roll and jump is just as good as any armour!

While I get what you mean, the scope of this game, the tiny things that you find, the detail. Personally I think it's gotta be in the conversation for best games of all time. While Bloodbourne was good, imo its not really in the same league as this game. 

Yeah, it's definitely one of the most well realised games ever, up there with MGS2 and dark souls.

Armour is less important, but I was struggling with a boss, then levelled up a different weapon and walked it - tactics be damned.

But maybe I just need to get better!

Disagree on bloodborne mind. I think that's also one of the most wonderfully realised games ever. I've never been so engaged in the story and surprised by the turns it takes. It starts as something so utterly different to the end, but doesn't feel weird or forced. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Too hot for actual golf today so we're having a Golden Tee Golf comp at home, trackballtastic

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's super cool mate. I have no idea about golf though! 
    Has anyone played Sifu? It is absolutely amazing. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Just completed my Steam Deck purchase.  Not sure how long delivery is but I'm hoping I'll have it by the end of the week.