General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Started a new game on dark souls. Despite completing it a few times, I've never done an out-and-out strength build. I've usually gone sword n board or archer or mage... So I'm going full-bore, two handed big lump of heavy. So far, I've got 40 strength and a zweihander - it's super fun! Might need a few points in endurance though, I can only swing it twice, or once and then roll. 

The combat is, somehow, more... Impactful? Than elden ring. It feels clunkier, and much slower, but everything hits harder. It makes me realise how much the genre has evolved - elden ring makes this type of game more accessible without making it dull or easy. It really took the best elements of dark souls, bloodborne and sekiro and managed to make something very well rounded.

I think dark souls is still my absolute favourite though! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27375
    I went back to Far Cry 6 while I had covid and have stuck with it since. I didn't enjoy it when I first played and I'm not quite sure why - possibly I was taking it too seriously. I've been leaning far more towards cars with cars attached to them and my Rambo-branded bow & exploding arrows and having a far more enjoyable time of it :) 

And Stray is out today - free on PS+Extra/Premium
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10357
    edited July 2022
    RedRabbit said:
    Just completed my Steam Deck purchase.  Not sure how long delivery is but I'm hoping I'll have it by the end of the week.
    Congrats! When did you preorder? Mine was 17 July so I'm hoping it'll come up soonish. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    RedRabbit said:
    Just completed my Steam Deck purchase.  Not sure how long delivery is but I'm hoping I'll have it by the end of the week.
    Congrats! When did you preorder? Mine was 17 July so I'm hoping it'll come up soonish. 
    I'm not sure on the date but it was the day pre-orders opened.  Fairly late on though as the servers were on their knees for the first few hours.
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    I'm not sure on the date but it was the day pre-orders opened.  Fairly late on though as the servers were on their knees for the first few hours.
    Mine was the following day. I thought I was getting it Q2 but it's definitely Q3. So anytime between July and September. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11975
    I ordered mine last Monday, it's still in transit saying "departed from depot, Netherland"

Most people i know it takes 7days to arrive, mine is now at Day 8....
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28872
    I am replaying Supraland. Massively underrated and overlooked, with fighting and exploring and puzzles galore. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Doofus here got Majora's Mask as I cannot remember doing too much of it only to bloody realise I don't have the N64 Expansion Pak so I now have one of those ordered.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7306
    Started a new game on dark souls. Despite completing it a few times, I've never done an out-and-out strength build. I've usually gone sword n board or archer or mage... So I'm going full-bore, two handed big lump of heavy. So far, I've got 40 strength and a zweihander - it's super fun! Might need a few points in endurance though, I can only swing it twice, or once and then roll. 

The combat is, somehow, more... Impactful? Than elden ring. It feels clunkier, and much slower, but everything hits harder. It makes me realise how much the genre has evolved - elden ring makes this type of game more accessible without making it dull or easy. It really took the best elements of dark souls, bloodborne and sekiro and managed to make something very well rounded.

I still suck balls at it though :) in retrospect a prophet was proabbly not the best starting class. Ive finally got a faith scaling weapon but it hasnt made as much difference as I would have hoped.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    Almost completed Sniper Elite 5.

Stealth has pretty much gone out the window. Nothing quite like blowing Nazis away using an anti-tank rifle.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    Mine was the following day. I thought I was getting it Q2 but it's definitely Q3. So anytime between July and September. 
    Mine was originally Q2 but got pushed back at some point.  I never got any notification that it had changed.  I only found out by going onto the Steam Deck page on the Steam store.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4200
    FarleyUK said:
    Almost completed Sniper Elite 5.

Stealth has pretty much gone out the window. Nothing quite like blowing Nazis away using an anti-tank rifle.....
    That series is one of my guilty pleasures - I'll get SE5 once it hits the sale prices, but they're enjoyable romps regardless of how you play them - very repetitive though!!! Dropping a U-Boat onto Hitler in SE4 was the highlight for me so far
  • Started a new game on dark souls. Despite completing it a few times, I've never done an out-and-out strength build. I've usually gone sword n board or archer or mage... So I'm going full-bore, two handed big lump of heavy. So far, I've got 40 strength and a zweihander - it's super fun! Might need a few points in endurance though, I can only swing it twice, or once and then roll. 

I still suck balls at it though :) in retrospect a prophet was proabbly not the best starting class. Ive finally got a faith scaling weapon but it hasnt made as much difference as I would have hoped.
    Once you get it, it'll click. 

Easy mode on elden ring (or any souls game really) is magic builds. Just stand back and fire away! 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7306
    Started a new game on dark souls. Despite completing it a few times, I've never done an out-and-out strength build. I've usually gone sword n board or archer or mage... So I'm going full-bore, two handed big lump of heavy. So far, I've got 40 strength and a zweihander - it's super fun! Might need a few points in endurance though, I can only swing it twice, or once and then roll. 

Once you get it, it'll click. 

Easy mode on elden ring (or any souls game really) is magic builds. Just stand back and fire away! 

Well that was my plan with the prophet but the only ranged spell I have (fireball) is mega slow and most things that aren't easy can dodge it. Its also kinda annoying that if you ahve a finger seal equipped in your off hand you cant use your ash of war.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27375
    I bought Sniper Elite 4 ages ago and never finished it. I can't remember why. Maybe i should try again
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    Mine was originally Q2 but got pushed back at some point.  I never got any notification that it had changed.  I only found out by going onto the Steam Deck page on the Steam store.
    You're lucky then because you have three days to accept it or you lose it! 
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    Sorry, I meant that I never got any notification that I'd been delayed from Q2 to Q3.

I got the email to say I could complete the purchase some time last night.
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    Sorry, I meant that I never got any notification that I'd been delayed from Q2 to Q3.

I got the email to say I could complete the purchase some time last night.
    Sorry that was clear I didn't read it properly doh. Let us know how it is when you get it. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28872
    Power washer simulator!

Brilliant. Very satisfying. A bit like the strim ming in Lawn Mower Simulator but more varied. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1042
    Yep. Loving Powerwasher Sim. Just so satisfying.