General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10222
    Has anyone played Democracy 4? It's on sale and I like the idea of turning the UK into a utopia. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3000
    Has anybody tried the new Dune game?  I think, but am not sure, that it is called ''Dune Awakening'' or something like that, and from what I've seen, it's not like Dune II, Dune 2000, or any of the the fan produced/supported games that are real time strategy games, this one looks like it is the same as the first Dune game, as in it looks to be an adventure game.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    New Marvel 1943 game looks very very good. Apparently this is game engine, not pre-rendered. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb2wwEx6DVw
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    i finally relented and bought the first part of the new final fantasy 7 remake. 

i love the original ff vii game and hope that this version will be great also.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Power Wash Simulator if you want a relaxing casual game.
    It's on the wishlist. It's on sale, too, so I might have to grab it.
    FarleyUK said:
    Sporky said:
    I'm on Horizon Forbidden West.

It's not as good as Zero Dawn,  but it's still better than 98% of games. 
    I tried multiple times to get into it, but it's so damn fiddly.

Felt like there were so many controls and combinations of buttons to remember, and almost too many options on everything. Maybe it's just me, but I want a game that's simple to pick up, not one that's like trying to enter King from Tekken's ultimate grab combo.
    My mate was a master at King's grab combos on Tekken 3. As soon as he started, I put my controller down. Anyway, I'm with you on simple and accessible games. I don't like ones where they include a load of stuff to read in-game. Doom Eternal had some of that going on.
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 172
    i finally relented and bought the first part of the new final fantasy 7 remake. 

i love the original ff vii game and hope that this version will be great also.
    I'm in the same boat, let me know what you think, I'm reluctant to commit to a multi-part game
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I picked up the first part free on PSN about a year after it was released, it isn't the Renegade version though.
    The latest Prince of Persia game is on special for £26 and change via Ubisoft+ - or whatever Ubisoft call their membership program, it's still over £40 if you buy it through the Nintendo Store.
  • I'm currently playing Sunlust - a doom wad - when I want a challenge and Auger:Zenith (another doom wad!) which is a beautiful, fun homage to cyberpunk movies, TV and literature. Both are incredible, and the most fun I've had gaming for a long time! 
  • Oh, and the tomb raider remastered trilogy. That's brilliant - a lot of nostalgia for me and ladyprettydamned. Despite the occasionally frustrating design, there are some beautiful moments in them. 
    Prince of Persia The Lost Crown - the latest game in the franchise, is now £26.99 for the standard version of the game - no DLC content, and £29.99 for the ''deluxe'' version - the version that includes all of the DLC, from the Nintendo store - there is basically 40% off of the price right now.  It's still cheaper by under a quid to buy the standard version from Ubisoft+ - I can't remember the exact price but it's around £26.50 or if they sell the ''deluxe'' that includes all the DLC content, though I can't remember what platform it's for if you buy it from Ubisoft+.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Finally finished Cyberpunk yesterday - 80 hours playtime. Managed to get 3 of the 7 endings, which was pretty cool. One of my favourite games from the last few years, much to my surprise.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    I'm still waiting for a deal or PS+ option on Cyberpunk. I'm quite keen to play it but didn't get into the Witcher and obv this had a load of bad comments in its first year. 

I'm also keen on the Tomb Raider reissues because while I've enjoyed most of the post-TR3 ones I've somehow never played the originals. I guess just because I never had a PS1. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28239
    I'm doing the Warhammer 40k DLC for Power Wash Simulator. 

Mixed. On the upside its more PWS, but it's two WW1-style tanks, two mechs, and a blocky space ship.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Surely it's impossible to wash off heresy?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited March 26
    Is anyone playing Helldivers 2? It's awesome. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7875
    Why did you get in the Switch sale? 
    I just picked up Quake 2 for £3. I might also get Doom Eternal Deluxe. 
    Wondering what else is worth a punt?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    I’ve grabbed a copy but haven’t had chance to play yet - it does look fun though, seems to be very Starship Troopers-esque??

I managed to get a Portal recently and have to say it’s been pretty great. I’m essentially just using it at home when there’s something else on the main TV, or when I’m being lazy and fancy using it in bed. The only real critique I have so far is that switching user profiles is a bit of a pain, and doesn’t leverage the usual workflow on the PS5 itself. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28239
    If you like Portal, then once you've done Portal 2 do Portal Stories:Mel, and Portal Revolution. Both fan-made but to a similar level of quality. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    If you like Portal, then once you've done Portal 2 do Portal Stories:Mel, and Portal Revolution. Both fan-made but to a similar level of quality. 
    I think he means that PS Portal remote gaming device Sony released. Every time I've used Remote Play it's been quite laggy. 

I’ve grabbed a copy but haven’t had chance to play yet - it does look fun though, seems to be very Starship Troopers-esque??
    Yea it's great. Probably the best multiplayer game I've played in years. It's really great how they've managed to integrate teamwork, and dying and making team kills hilarious, non stop action, huge explosives and nukes, a loot/unlock system that is engaging and community objectives.

Every game is a blast. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom